Lamping rats with mini lurchers

Got post going in the terrier section called out ratting long story short been doing few pens and keeper said that the long tails were 100+ yard out at night in wheat, rape and ploughed  in game crop fields etc. Having lamped for years in my younger lurcher day and not having seen rats that far out (few in dyke back around farm building etc)  i asked if we could have a bash lamping them he said aye. So instead of taking the terriers i took my nephews 1 x Bed/Whippet and another lad who beats up their took his 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Bedlington. We got their and their was loads around the feeders that still had feed in them but like he said their was loads yard and yards out only rats but had great night picked up 60. Staff was out with camera also a first for him trying to get photos like that if he has any good ones i get him to post on here or out ratting in terrier section.

All in all good night as never lamped rats like that oh and Bed / Whippet flat out on couch now.

PUD 

• Like 7

Was good marra as say i lamped hard in younger days with lurchers, and lamped 1000`s rats in and around  farm buildings etc, with terriers and a few running dogs. But this was like lamping rabbits as i says never seen rats that far out from wall dykes buildings or some kind of cover. Once the dogs tuned into what was going on and they were that far out we didn't miss many few that were closer in made it like, but not wanting to repeat myself great bit sport.

PUD

• Like 2

Mazie.jpg.25681bb9cca8300701b7731d74c99603.jpg

Thats her not in the fields around different farm we do.

5a930150bd18e_Wooler4PepperMazie.thumb.jpg.97a99b7e8461610d0f30bf3a482a787e.jpg

And thats last weeks catch picked 50 up but 60+ was final tally as say never seen them that far out before was something different.

PUD  

Edited by WHWT
  • Like 5
15 hours ago, WHWT said:

Mazie.jpg.25681bb9cca8300701b7731d74c99603.jpg

Thats her not in the fields around different farm we do.

5a930150bd18e_Wooler4PepperMazie.thumb.jpg.97a99b7e8461610d0f30bf3a482a787e.jpg

And thats last weeks catch picked 50 up but 60+ was final tally as say never seen them that far out before was something different.

PUD  

looks great crack that , and nice little  dogs:thumbs:. another great little lurcher for  rats,rabbits, and prob pile in to a fox , would be a pat x whippet  there was a vid going around with this type x  ratting in the day , and they were great, real fast agile little dogs, and looked a nice x as well, i  always thought something like one of these or 3/4 whippet x bull be nice little knock about lurcher for bit of fun  , and nice size for in your house .:thumbs:   but prob struggle to get a pat x whippet  , dont think they get bred  shame nice little dogs.! 

7 minutes ago, WHWT said:

5a94a1ce703f7_Wooler6lamp.thumb.jpg.a6fb4d0f43763022375d5990624b2755.jpg

45 End of night pic few terriers but mini Lurcher did her job.

PUD

bet the little wesite   enjoyed  it, great to see the little  dogs  having a go  , as said on the post   them patx whippets  were brill at ratting  like most terriers thats x to whippets are brill ratters .

• Like 1