Greyhound dog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't go too far in the tall and racy departmental, as it don't necessarily go that you will get something 1/2 way between. Use a stud that would be a dog you'd own ,and would do everything you want.

Have a chat with max hard core on here he's got some of the very best blood if she worthy he will tell you hes a clued up lad unless its about football ? 

Ffs not you again ?

1 minute ago, Dinosaurs said:

He’s got a couple at stud distance dogs & he works them aswell. Very knowledgable bloke re dogs & prob forgotten more than most of us ever learn. If you not got edrd i’ll get his no tomoz for you. Atb 

I will pm u 

8 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

How much as your bitch done lance and how long have you had her 

Ive had her since she was about 16 month old and she was my little brothers dog, he gave me her just after my old bitch passed away. Shes had hundreds and hundreds of rabbits on the lamp and also daytime. Shes also had a fair few bigger ones in the lamp aswell, (not so many recently with her age).  Live to hand. She has also been on maybe 20ish???, with another dog but she does only have a quick go, she comes off before its over but thats ok cos she isnt that type of dog but she loves to have a go, broke to all livestock and  works well with ferrets. She follows command very well and is very obedient on and off the lead. She is also a much loved family companion and lives indoors with 3 youngsters. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lance82 said:

Fair enough i admit yeah i was wrong to put a pup up for stud, my mistake. Just got well carried away with his progress. Anyway hes doing fine but my bitch is 21 tts and i wanted a bigger size with as much pace as pos in the pups, thats why i was thinking straight greyhound. 

Guess it depends on how big you want the pups to turn out. If you are after bigger pups for allrounders, then why not use a fast bigger racy lurcher that is doing the job. Safest bet in my eyes mate. ATB 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, white van man said:

Guess it depends on how big you want the pups to turn out. If you are after bigger pups for allrounders, then why not use a fast bigger racy lurcher that is doing the job. Safest bet in my eyes mate. ATB 

good point that :thumbs:    both my 2     1xs   have  4/8 greyhound = 1/2 in them , you deff get size from a greyhound  , Bryn  25in  , Buck  28in , but his dad  razzmatazz was 29in 75 lb  greyhound , people forget 1/2  Buck size comes from that never mind a gsd  lol . But  thinking about it  , you still get a good dog from lurcher x lurcher , and do the same job, and prob touch smaller a 25in lurcher should tackle all quarry really, if it got the heart for it .:yes:

Yes Bird the greyhound has added size to yours. I just think that sometimes, straight greyhound isn’t always the answer. I have seen nice dogs who are capable workers that are from a lurcher to straight greyhound. For me an all rounder doesn’t need to be 27tts plus. My dog is 24tts and suits just fine. The right greyhound might be the answer here but personally I would go for a lurcher option. ATB. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, white van man said:

Yes Bird the greyhound has added size to yours. I just think that sometimes, straight greyhound isn’t always the answer. I have seen nice dogs who are capable workers that are from a lurcher to straight greyhound. For me an all rounder doesn’t need to be 27tts plus. My dog is 24tts and suits just fine. The right greyhound might be the answer here but personally I would go for a lurcher option. ATB. 

I like mine around 24/25 don’t really need bigger than that More to do with heart but you can’t teach that , you can’t really walk around with a 28 monster and convince people it’s for rabbits haha

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I like mine around 24/25 don’t really need bigger than that More to do with heart but you can’t teach that , you can’t really walk around with a 28 monster and convince people it’s for rabbits haha

Yep 24/25 is ideal. I go out with bigger dogs and they work well. Anything over 25 wouldn’t fit in the car!! 

5 minutes ago, white van man said:

Yep 24/25 is ideal. I go out with bigger dogs and they work well. Anything over 25 wouldn’t fit in the car!! 

I don’t measure mine just guess usually lol my bullx bitch is around 26 I’d say she’s down with a friend helping him out and having some real fun