Greyhound dog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't go too far in the tall and racy departmental, as it don't necessarily go that you will get something 1/2 way between. Use a stud that would be a dog you'd own ,and would do everything you want.

Have a chat with max hard core on here he's got some of the very best blood if she worthy he will tell you hes a clued up lad unless its about football ? 

Ffs not you again ?

Don't go too far in the tall and racy departmental, as it don't necessarily go that you will get something 1/2 way between. Use a stud that would be a dog you'd own ,and would do everything you want.

Maybe the same cross as the bitch but showing the traits you want.

Just adding greyhound will add speed for sure ,but may not be as robust or sensible so as well as adding speed you could be adding recklessness too.

A lurcher that has had a good handful of seasons without too many injuries and a good catch rate ,would come before a dog only with speed to offer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, roybo said:

Just adding greyhound will add speed for sure ,but may not be as robust or sensible so as well as adding speed you could be adding recklessness too.

A lurcher that has had a good handful of seasons without too many injuries and a good catch rate ,would come before a dog only with speed to offer.

the last bit deff  mate,:thumbs:   you want a dog that is durable , that can take few knocks , and to much speed in a dog can kill it, more so if it hot headed  on quarry  , my big dog  Buck bit reckless   with fair amount pace   ,  he  just started to use his head bit now,.lol

On 23 February 2018 at 12:13, roybo said:

Makes alot of sense roybo, i am thinking more now of the lurcher rather than pure greyhound as the bitch is very steady and sensible and that is a trait i would be looking for in the stud and like somebody else mentioned on this topic the pure grey could take more than it gives. 

2 hours ago, dodger said:

Line bred lurcher x lurcher types lance 

I think ive just seen the dog u mean on a old thread called razors offspring, is it black n tan with a bit of white? Strong looking animal, i think maybe too strong for what im looking for in the pups as my bitch is also strong built. Nice dog tho. 

troy isn't heavy, far from it, you could  do a lot worse. 

sounds to me like you have an idea of pup the type you want to produce,but sounds like its not like the bitch you are starting with.

theres a wheaten cross in a recent thread why not message the lad see if its up for stud

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 09:32, bird said:

good point that :thumbs:    both my 2     1xs   have  4/8 greyhound = 1/2 in them , you deff get size from a greyhound  , Bryn  25in  , Buck  28in , but his dad  razzmatazz was 29in 75 lb  greyhound , people forget 1/2  Buck size comes from that never mind a gsd  lol . But  thinking about it  , you still get a good dog from lurcher x lurcher , and do the same job, and prob touch smaller a 25in lurcher should tackle all quarry really, if it got the heart for it .:yes:

Razzmatazz  grandmother  threw some  massive dogs-I think westmead ace raced at 90lb . I saw westmead scolari in the flesh-very impressive animal 

Edited by tinytiger
mistake
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

Your fella that bred Plummer crosses ain’t ye I sure I asked ye before? Ye seem clued in lines an that especially greyhounds, you never bred any lurchers mate???

No never bred any,had bad greyhounds that I used as lurchers though. Had 2 sisters I bred that would retrieve rabbits alive -had plans of taking a lurcher litter off one of them but she died coursing..my terriers don't look  anything  like plummers now-still have  the nose though.I gave a coursing birch to a man up the country  for breeding  Wheaton lurchers.they seem  to be turning out nice.might try and take a litter off her sometime if I've time and space