AA Pro Sport .177 V TX 200 HC MK 3 .177 .

Well lads, the bedding in is done, the zeroing is done and my mind is made up about these two rifles as I own both.

It has taken around 500/ full tin of JSB Exact Express 7.87g , 4.52 to settle the brand new Pro Sport in and may I tell you , one class act she is.

Here`s the zero kicking in from a bench rest and rifle rest, - all shot outdoors, today.

1st zero.

IMG_0946.JPG.ed147094e52946bc63c44237191f1114.JPG

2nd set zero.

IMG_0948.JPG.64a01c9be89fbb0456f7ef1a32dcb26a.JPG

Hold up a 5p piece lads - that zero is 1/4 the 5p coin.

Below is the final zero, two shots at two pin heads .

IMG_0945.JPG.23d92a818ea2b799e495d84290b6c277.JPG

Amazing rifles, the Pro Sports :yes:

Well to compare the two rifles, I got out the T Rex, which is Rat Works stage 4 tuned, short stroked and finely zeroed and shot an 8 shot group from exactly the same way as the Pro Sport had just been shot.

Remember though, this T Rex is shot stone cold, out of the bag.

IMG_0949.JPG.3a35e7f11eb485935aa7cddbd3f0b5b7.JPG

I then went on to give both rifles a recoil severity test with a .177 light weight Express pellet on their scope turrets, - both rifles retained their pellet with ease on firing.

For static hunting either rifle will excel with " ease" if you do your bit.

Would I send the Pro Sport off for a tune up ? - How can you markedly improve on the above ? So no.

" For me", there is nothing between these two hunting rifles whatsoever in performances.

For looks and elegance,- Pro Sport.

For results, I want the accuracy below " all the time" and both rifles give this with ease. :good:

IMG_0828.JPG.a83679d32c553f9455384d1afc703ce1.JPG

Hope this helps any.

atb  Mark.

• Like 3

Wait until you get out in the field Mark

and see what a pro sport is all about mate

O,,,,,and remember

I TOLD YOU SO YEARS AGO;)

Nice groups by the way

but would not expect any thing else from a pro sport

and of course the shooter behind it 8P

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mark, I think you have hit the best maximum you  can reasonably expect from the rifles you now own and shoot with. Well I have owned a fantastic TX200HC in .177 and now a Pro Sport in .22 and these are honestly such stunningly accurate rifles, you would literally be splitting hairs between them both.

I take the Pro Sport on its sweetly compact, single-barrel appearance, thanks to its hidden underlever and the fluted walnut stock is just stunning. But, accuracy on this scale is incredible from both rifles. They share the same barrels.

I am now somewhat loathe to buy another air rifle as, my Pro Sport is just bloody magnificent. How could I justify spending more money for the same levels of accuracy and performance? How much more accurate can another spring rifle be, if it's not another Pro Sport?

It would have to be a better looking rifle. And so far, there isn't one to my eyes. The Air Arms Pro Sport is the absolute aspirational peak of commercially made spring rifles in my book.

Enjoy every shot with yours Mark. Fantastic shooting mate.

All the best.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find the 177 better for long range shots on bothe feather and fur mate,no bother with head shots ,the 22 is a heavy hitter but not as good at long distances I find,but that's just my view on them mate