Go Veggie For The NHS

1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

A study conducted by the University of Ghent has shown that if 10% of the population went vegetarian it could save the UK £5.2bn in economic costs over the next 10 years.

In the interests of journalist balance in reporting here is a picture of Saturday's brisket...

Br1a.jpg.2b1c7aa80fe147c393dcf2e42c6e28f2.jpg

that looks bloody lovely

i am still living off raspberry jam,doing my vegan bit

:icon_eek:

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That looks f****n legit. How did you make that I've been planning on giving brisket a try

It was 5lbs uncooked. Covered in olive oil and then sprinkled with the ancho-coffee rub that I use on pretty much everything. It goes in the smoker for about 6 hours and comes out like that. It's smoked over lump wood charcoal and I've been using chunks of cherry wood for the smoke.

The bark has a bit of spice to it too which works for me but some aren't so keen.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It was. Regular weekend but I'm just sick of reading about vegetarianism and felt the need to post it! :laugh:

Lol nothing wrong with a bit of veg as long as there meat  or fish hanging round the same plate  my veggie effort tonight bud even prawns and scallops have got feelings lol

4F29ED66-7419-4261-820D-238AA00DF2C7.jpeg

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Lol nothing wrong with a bit of veg as long as there meat  or fish hanging round the same plate  my veggie effort tonight bud even prawns and scallops have got feelings lol

No likes left so have a :thumbs:

I'm okay with veggies but a man cannot live on tofu alone... He probably could but he'd be one miserable b*st*rd!

In fairness its probably correct and we shouldn't try to fight it. The NHS could also save money if we stop eating and drinking other rubbish and junk food. 

As country people we often show on here how we like good quality and varied food. The vast vast majority of people want to and will eat meat......so we should be leading the way in fresh, local free range meat. Eating seasonally and concentrating on taste rather than mass produced over processed foods