A quick round

Hadn’t been to the golf course for a while and was reminded by the green keeper of the fact yesterday. Popped over for a swift circuit last night with the HW100, lamp, sticks and length of rope (to string them on) for a look about. 

Overcast, dark with only enough breeze to tell it’s direction. First corner and a rabbit was right in front of me at about 40m. I spent so long getting my my act together it ran in so I practised the routine of getting the airgun up on the sticks again with the lamp off (Its second nature with my centre fire but entirely different with the airgun which doesn’t have a sling). Anyway, I flicked the lamp back on and the silly rabbit had popped back out a little further up. I guessed the holdover, let fly and slotted it straight in the head. Good start. I hocked him on a branch and made for the green of the first hole. 

I saw a bunny disappearing over a bunker so reading the wind approached from the right direction. Three were there happily munching and playing about not 25m away.. whack, whack, whack and in not more that 10 seconds and three more were down. It was at this point that I realised I’d left my stringer rope behind so I hocked these on a tree as well. 

0E004233-EF01-4713-9386-BD91B051B69A.thumb.jpeg.110fec2e0a8d44507d688e3ef4dac080.jpeg

E663CEC8-ECDD-45F9-B780-FAE82DAD0E15.thumb.jpeg.df98cbaa4b0829cb59ff7095c635fe8b.jpeg

Managed 3 more before calling it a night - ready for delivery to a local restaurant today. 

EC54CB42-44B9-4C10-84C7-5B0F087C97B0.thumb.jpeg.e4563a8d798497a685c8e23342e7ffdf.jpeg

• Like 5

NV is definitely a game changer Rez, this was more of a recon session and I find NV takes quite a bit longer (unless you have a thermal spotter... still saving!), hence the lamp on this occasion. The rabbits here were pretty green fortunately so the lamp came up trumps. Hell of a lot of dicking about to get ready for a shot though with a handheld lightforce striker!

• Like 1

Very nice and vacuumed packed as well .

NV is a game changer , My first pulsar had to go back for repair ,so started using a lamp again my god it was like using  candle for light , went out i bought another NV Ward 700 while waiting for the pulsar to come back   . Now looking at thermal 

• Like 2