A very polite rejection

I currently have x15 permissions , 12 of them gained via an add in my local parish church magazine

offering free pest control, listing the pests i control with my name and phone number.

in the first week of this add being active i had gained x4 new shoots and still get regular phone calls, 

it does help of course i am local and have lived in the area for 40 + years so most people know me and landowners pass on my details. its about looking after your shoots, being polite,  ethical & humane shooting, and in my case because i do a lot of NV shooting landowners let me know when they are on holiday and i pay a few more visits at night providing a bit of extra security cover its all part of my service

and the landowners   appreciate it some  even try to pay me but i refuse stating , my add says its free pest control , i get the shooting  permission you the landowner get the pests controlled thats the way it works !!! 

atb brian

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rabid said:

I wouldn't do it in 6 months, be in harvest then and plenty to think about/worrying him than some fella wanting to shoot.

make it 3 months and the wheat will be up and he will be looking at crop damage by then if he has any rabbits, farmers are a funny breed.

Fair point. Didn’t think of that actually! They can be but understandably sometimes. I will keep an eye on the place and if it looks like it’s getting hammered I’ll go have a chat. 

I shoot over 3 farms and 1 garden nursery, for 40 years the farms and that gives me plenty to take care of.

Don`t get tempted into too much shooting rights as those same farmers say to each other, " Yes we had that fella for a while, we got rid as you hardly ever saw him"

Be patient Mark, and plenty of good advice already given.

I also shot for the Churches with ferel problems and as said leads to farm/ land/ factory permissions.

Good luck. :good:

• Like 3