Battery / Electric cars

The environmental push is towards no fossil burning vehicles.  Some car manufacturers have stopped making diesels. So it is thought that the vast majority of vehicles owners either live in flats or terraced homes with no of road parking to charge their cars and even in towns the nearest charging point can be a twenty minute walk away. I have off road but if  I  didnt the nearest point is 5 miles away. How would this affect you.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could always use a diesel generator 

I've put the link up to the hydrogen system I'm involved with, the company is called Cgon. the cell is an on demand system so only produces small amounts of hydrogen when the engine is running, t

If that government shower want everyone to drive an electric motor they will have to stick in a charger at everyone's home & business for free & supply everyone with a new car  it gets my goat

21 minutes ago, kanny said:

You could always use a diesel generator :laugh:

I bet the neighbours are going to love you with a diesel genny throbbing away when you come home from work. And the pikeys are going to make a killing lifting them off of front gardens. Cables running from the genny down the pavement?!  Trip hazzard! Insurance claim! 

And that isn't really reducing exaust emissions.  All it is doing is moving the exhaust pipe to a different place. Rough cost to charge at home overnight  £3.64 for approx 115mile range. It can be £7.50 for 30 mins out and about.

All cars will be electric with a small petrol engine as a generator in the future,the only thing stopping them being completely electric is in other countries some roads are just roads for hundreds and hundreds of miles and no battery will last that long.The roads would just stopped being used and as for derv engines they are engines ment to run on oil so there'll just use veggie oil instead of fossil fuel oil..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Meece said:

I bet the neighbours are going to love you with a diesel genny throbbing away when you come home from work. And the pikeys are going to make a killing lifting them off of front gardens. Cables running from the genny down the pavement?!  Trip hazzard! Insurance claim! 

And that isn't really reducing exaust emissions.  All it is doing is moving the exhaust pipe to a different place. Rough cost to charge at home overnight  £3.64 for approx 115mile range. It can be £7.50 for 30 mins out and about.

It was a tongue in cheek comment :blink:

I have a drive ect so it wouldn't be a problem for me to install a charging point but what does worry me is the 2nd'3'4'5 hand market on theses cars not everyone can afford new and the batteries are far from long life they say 7 years but in my experience with lithium batteries there nothing like that so I can see this being a real problem for less wealthy people its not like you can buy a old banger and with a little know how and a few parts squeeze another 30k miles out of it 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Meece said:

I have off road but if  I  didnt the nearest point is 5 miles away. How would this affect you.

The nearest charging station to me is 40 miles away. When a car has a range of 60 it's not really an option so I'll stick to my old Dodge.

When Tesla gets into a pickup that does everything my Dodge can, is priced similar to Ford and Dodge's current offerings, but is electric they'll nail the American market. I'd have one!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The nearest charging station to me is 40 miles away. When a car has a range of 60 it's not really an option so I'll stick to my old Dodge.

When Tesla gets into a pickup that does everything my Dodge can, is priced similar to Ford and Dodge's current offerings, but is electric they'll nail the American market. I'd have one!

Out of curiosity I've just checked my nearest charging point its 16 miles ....my work is 8 miles away  so I might as well just walk to work if I was reliant on the charging point :laugh:

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, kanny said:

Out of curiosity I've just checked my nearest charging point its 16 miles ....my work is 8 miles away  so I might as well just walk to work if I was reliant on the charging point :laugh:

If I lived that close to civilisation I'd invest in a mountain bike! :laugh:

Just out of curiosity though. Which is more damaging to the environment? My 30-year-old Dodge that does 60 miles a week? Or a brand new Tesla that requires toxic chemicals for the batteries and draws its charge from fossil-fueled power stations? :hmm:

• Like 2

I've got a driveway at the back so, I'd be ok but, for the shit range you get from a charge and, the initial cost of the car, I won't ever bother.

Besides, I don't wear hemp and live on soya so, I'll keep my petrol V6 thanks.

In fact, f**k it, bring back 4 star :yes:

5 hours ago, kanny said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment :blink:

I have a drive ect so it wouldn't be a problem for me to install a charging point but what does worry me is the 2nd'3'4'5 hand market on theses cars not everyone can afford new and the batteries are far from long life they say 7 years but in my experience with lithium batteries there nothing like that so I can see this being a real problem for less wealthy people its not like you can buy a old banger and with a little know how and a few parts squeeze another 30k miles out of it 

I did realise that It was a tongue in cheek comment and just responded in kind.

5 hours ago, kanny said:

my nearest point is about 5 miles away so now could be the time to start a new business !

Pushbikes with sidecars. Thats it. Thats the way to go. And eventually if the greenies get their way there wont be any v6's or v8's they talk of new types of beteries but I've heard about all of that before ltlrlrrlllltrllrrlrlrrttlrlrlrrlrrrrlrllllllrrrrrtrrlr

lrrrlrrl

llrllrlrlllrlrltllrlrlrrltrrlrl

Just now, Meece said:

I did realise that It was a tongue in cheek comment and just responded in kind.

my nearest point is about 5 miles away so now could be the time to start a new business !

Pushbikes with sidecars. Thats it. Thats the way to go. And eventually if the greenies get their way there wont be any v6's or v8's they talk of new types of beteries but I've heard about all of that before. 

Check this website out lads

ive been involved with this company for the past few years, and it is about to go massive.. TV campaign coming up, I'm good friends with the inventor, have a bit of an interest in the company and a distribution deal... this is the stop gap until electric is right... I didn't believe it at first but it's on all my work vehicles, and we're installing in lots of fleets, councils and internationally... plus around 500 MOT stations on board...

https://www.cgon.co.uk/

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1