Battery / Electric cars

2 hours ago, leegreen said:

At the moment they run alongside diesel engines I think? The Hydrogen produced by water supplements your existing engine, giving more power therefor reducing the need for more fuel.

Plenty about it on youtube. I had an American customer trying to get me to covert one of my motors, I thought he was a nutter so I said no. 

Hydrogen can be a bit volatile. 

Not sure either, to be honest, mate. I just look at all the technological advances of the 20th and 21st century and I still wonder why we're attached to the fuel source, that hasn't changed that whole time. I know car bloke May seems to be an advocate of it too. Yeah hydrogen is volatile but the technology of storing it has improved over time.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could always use a diesel generator 

I've put the link up to the hydrogen system I'm involved with, the company is called Cgon. the cell is an on demand system so only produces small amounts of hydrogen when the engine is running, t

If that government shower want everyone to drive an electric motor they will have to stick in a charger at everyone's home & business for free & supply everyone with a new car  it gets my goat

19 hours ago, Meece said:

Swapping the power unit aint such a good idea. If you've got a new unit  you wouldn't want some worn out unit that's been charged up a million times and doesn't hold its charge. All new batteries have been hailed as the future technology only to be found wanting. Hydrogen cell  might be the answer.

Surely they would be certified fit for purpose by the provider at the service station. When a unit comes back in prior to recharging it would undergo a simple automated health check with industry standardised testing kit. I'd imagine that the business model for such a thing would be that the 'service station/fuel company' (ie BP, Shell etc) own the hardware and essentially lease it out with a small charge on swapping a discharged unit for a charged one at the station.

There'd need to be industry standardisation and a sizeable cap ex to get the infrastructure in place in existing fuel stations around the country but it strikes me as a forward thinking opportunity for oil majors/fuel stations to maintain their market share come the electric transport revolution. The only reason I can see why they are not acting on this is that the fellas in the know predict that battery tech will advance sufficiently by the time this revolution happens to make swapable power units unnecessary.

Edited by Born Hunter
3 hours ago, leegreen said:

At the moment they run alongside diesel engines I think? The Hydrogen produced by water supplements your existing engine, giving more power therefor reducing the need for more fuel.

Plenty about it on youtube. I had an American customer trying to get me to covert one of my motors, I thought he was a nutter so I said no. 

Hydrogen can be a bit volatile. 

I've put the link up to the hydrogen system I'm involved with, the company is called Cgon.

the cell is an on demand system so only produces small amounts of hydrogen when the engine is running, this is mixed with the air and then mixes with the fuel at combustion stage, producing a very clean efficient burn.

this product has been independently tested at Millbrook and Emmisions analytics plus Clarkes Laboratory in USA.

there are other hydrogen cells out there but they produce dangerous by products, Hexavaliant Chromium being the most dangerous, the testing at Clarkes Laboratory proved this product produces no dangerous by products.

we've done loads of testing, and trialling with some big haulage firms, fleet users, mot centres 1000s of vehicles, it's taken 8 years to get it ready/protected to be launched and over the next few years it will be massive.

we're in talks with 3 manufacturers now and Morgan have put there name to it (check out what engines they use to see the bigger picture).

every test so far has massively dropped all emmision gases and the direct result of that is MPG up lift, up to 20% in some vehicles with an average of around 12%..

its a great piece of kit, and I'm certainly not a petrol head geek type, but it speaks for its self

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Meece said:

I've never owned or even been in a battery / electric car but the ones that have them like them. What happens if you run our of battery power somewhere?  Can they be towed or have they got to be lifted?

Meant to be lifted .. 

Electric cars ??  ,  many of the parts that go inot manufacturing them come from different places all over the world and have to be shipped to an assembly point . creating an already massive  carbon travel  foot print before the cars hit the road  . Where does electric come from ?? mainly fossil fuelled power stations . So we all buy an electric car land home from work at 6 pm  put the tea on plug the car in , huge surge , the national grid trips out  . Think ill keep  me diesel pickup .

• Like 1