Battery / Electric cars

16 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Awesome mate, this time next year Kev, you'll be a billionaire, again :D

Cheers, D.

Haha... I'm only after time D, trying to rush myself to retirement, I'm not scared of a gamble or graft... famine and feast mate... you know the score.. lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could always use a diesel generator 

I've put the link up to the hydrogen system I'm involved with, the company is called Cgon. the cell is an on demand system so only produces small amounts of hydrogen when the engine is running, t

If that government shower want everyone to drive an electric motor they will have to stick in a charger at everyone's home & business for free & supply everyone with a new car  it gets my goat

If that government shower want everyone to drive an electric motor they will have to stick in a charger at everyone's home & business for free & supply everyone with a new car  it gets my goat & I dont even drive.. ... it will be like the Jetsons :laugh:

They think its new technology but Duggie Granger drove the fastest milk cart in Norton when I was a kid:laugh: in the 70's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my own opinion is that electric IS the way to go, but the range needs to increase vastly and there is a need to standardise the power cell so you can pull up, swap out the power unit and be on your way smartly, as long as the re-charge time is so long compared to the range they are a dead duck, OK if your in big towns or cities but if you live out in the sticks they are a waste of time and money

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Just out of curiosity see these robot/drive thereself cars that seem to be the future. Will you need a driving license when they do eventually come out?

Mixed answer. You shouldn't need one once that tech is available to the public but the government will still need that massive revenue stream, so both?

• Like 1
On 18/02/2018 at 00:38, neil82 said:

my own opinion is that electric IS the way to go, but the range needs to increase vastly and there is a need to standardise the power cell so you can pull up, swap out the power unit and be on your way smartly, as long as the re-charge time is so long compared to the range they are a dead duck, OK if your in big towns or cities but if you live out in the sticks they are a waste of time and money

Swapping the power unit aint such a good idea. If you've got a new unit  you wouldn't want some worn out unit that's been charged up a million times and doesn't hold its charge. All new batteries have been hailed as the future technology only to be found wanting. Hydrogen cell  might be the answer.

10 hours ago, Meece said:

Swapping the power unit aint such a good idea. If you've got a new unit  you wouldn't want some worn out unit that's been charged up a million times and doesn't hold its charge. All new batteries have been hailed as the future technology only to be found wanting. Hydrogen cell  might be the answer.

unless it has changed with most of them you don`t own the fuel cell, you rent it (at least that's how Nissan worked it)

I've never owned or even been in a battery / electric car but the ones that have them like them. What happens if you run our of battery power somewhere?  Can they be towed or have they got to be lifted?

On 18/02/2018 at 22:06, ChrisJones said:

Hydrogen fuel cells anyone?

At the moment they run alongside diesel engines I think? The Hydrogen produced by water supplements your existing engine, giving more power therefor reducing the need for more fuel.

Plenty about it on youtube. I had an American customer trying to get me to covert one of my motors, I thought he was a nutter so I said no. 

Hydrogen can be a bit volatile.