got a semi

after a wait for a variation on 5 weeks my licence came back and i now have a tippman arms .22 semi auto with the vortex red dot that was made for the ar to use with the open sights flipped up.nice little .22 that shoots the cheap blazer ammo well which is handy as i have used a fair bit in a week.no problems so far and accurate enough for me to shoot a 2" group at 20y on full auto(100 rounds).so good enough for its intended use.shame the mags only hold 20 rounds but i suppose that is a good thing as it will slow me down a bit

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

after owning the little semi for a while i can now say that it is a reliable accurate fun little rifle.no problems aparts from being thirsty(1500 rounds so far).only drawback is that you can mod the thing  as much as a 10/22.so far i have the magpull rear stock,magpull grip,magpull front angled grip and now i have just had the free floating 12" rail put on.next  mod on the list i think will be an upgraded trigger unit

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

I remember when it use to guarantee some pleasure :sad:

What sort of guarantee did you get ?

Cast Iron. Written, Copper bottomed or verbal?  Lifetimes ? Not worth the paper it was written on guarantee, 

• 2 weeks later...

well the last mod to be done was the trigger.went to the shop and they had an ar unit for £150 but said it was not worth it.a good one costs £300 so that was declined and it is now with the gunsmith who is going to polish and lighten it a bit.just waiting to get it back to try it