Greyhound size dog on whippet size bitch.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No problem to do such crosses but the dogs must be top quality and condition otherwise your just adding to the rubbish pile. don't be selfish if your bitch is mediocre don't breed rubbish and unless t

Put a 26tts dog over my 19tts bitch no issues what so ever it's a myth 

its a scientific fact the bitch controls the size until birth so no probs, there can be the odd big pup in any litter that can course a problem, one of my cockers had a big pup ended up at the vets, w

Posted Images

Some folk call it bollocks and some folk call it coincidence but iv only ever known and Hurd of pups out of a pure greyhound coming good when the greyhound is the bitch ??‍♂️ I'm not saying greyhound dog or bitch it's just my own experience and what iv been told that's all, however a mating like this I'd deffantly use a greyhound as the bitch anyhow you'll get pups in between the greyhound and the whippet but there's every chance you'll get a pup that throws the whippet and a pup or two that throws the greyhound, that's when there could be problems

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2018 at 20:56, two crows said:

its definitely a scientific fact the bitch controls size until birth then genetics take over, but there can still be an odd freak in an evenly matched mating.

As much as I want to, I'd be very reluctant to put a strongdog over my little terrier bitch. 

Theres surely limitation to what you're saying 

• Like 1
On 08/03/2018 at 21:00, two crows said:

don't know if im'e honest I only read it, but there must be a limit as to what can mate what naturally as well.

My grandad once had a Russel bitch that got knotted with a foxhound lol she had the litter of 6 no problem. They weren’t huge pups when they were born but soon after they grew like feck. They ended up bigger than sheepdogs...

• Like 1
On 20 February 2018 at 14:02, Shaddy93 said:

Some folk call it bollocks and some folk call it coincidence but iv only ever known and Hurd of pups out of a pure greyhound coming good when the greyhound is the bitch ??‍♂️ I'm not saying greyhound dog or bitch it's just my own experience and what iv been told that's all, however a mating like this I'd deffantly use a greyhound as the bitch anyhow you'll get pups in between the greyhound and the whippet but there's every chance you'll get a pup that throws the whippet and a pup or two that throws the greyhound, that's when there could be problems

depends what you want,if you want a dog with plenty of speed and no brain use a greyhound bitch, if you want brain and your crossing a collie the mother must be the collie to get the best out,wouldn't be so fast but fast enough,for those who disbelieve theres any difference iv got 2 words to say, hinny , mule

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...