Greyhound size dog on whippet size bitch.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No problem to do such crosses but the dogs must be top quality and condition otherwise your just adding to the rubbish pile. don't be selfish if your bitch is mediocre don't breed rubbish and unless t

Put a 26tts dog over my 19tts bitch no issues what so ever it's a myth 

its a scientific fact the bitch controls the size until birth so no probs, there can be the odd big pup in any litter that can course a problem, one of my cockers had a big pup ended up at the vets, w

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, jon15 said:

I would be grateful to know if anyone has actual experience of this type of mating and if they had any whelping issues.

thanks.

wouldn't do it anyway , why put the whippet bitch in a dangerous  position , i think when this x is done  it always the other way round, even if say  3/4 whippet x 1/4 grey  , it the size of the pelvis  thats counts to pass pups, little dog like whippet, going to be small down there , well thats what i think .!! 

• Like 2

No problem to do such crosses but the dogs must be top quality and condition otherwise your just adding to the rubbish pile. don't be selfish if your bitch is mediocre don't breed rubbish and unless the dog is mustard don't let it mount the bitch. 

IMO your dogs must be truly exceptional to breed and never breed your bitch unless your prepared to lose some of her ability. some bitches never run the same again after breeding. recovery sometimes is limited.

• Like 8

Yas right with height restrictions usually no problem it's when one starts to use the larger headed types one needs to be careful,and be considerate of the bitchs welfare .running type animals are narrow welps long maybe but narrow ,the bull or heavier types are a different kettle of fish ,even so seen some very diminutive types produce twenty six plus animals ,bulk his allways if any the problem causers ..atb bunnys.

• Like 3

its a scientific fact the bitch controls the size until birth so no probs, there can be the odd big pup in any litter that can course a problem, one of my cockers had a big pup ended up at the vets, with regard to breading as above only bread from good stock if you cant do that buy in, people in working cockers seem to want certain popular studs' and this leads to everything being closely bred I choose a dog based on ability for my lines not how much red is in his paperwork but there have to be enough different dogs in the blood as well, we all need to breed for quality, I went to the best field trial dog in the country cost £350, went to a mates dog last year because  it was a good dog and a good match for the bitch, cost me a pup the pup value £650 money don't matter just quality. sorry for rambling.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1