Another school shooting in America

22 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A lot of very brave lads here charging valiantly into the fray , 

have any of you any idea of the man power required to “roll one , bump two “ ? 

Floor and room clearances are a long chaotic activity , certainly nothing like what some of the John McLean’s think . 

Could that lad have have saved lives if he’d entered? 

Probably 

should he have entered on his own? 

Probably 

would he have sustained injuries? 

Probably highly likely 

was he right to wait on support? 

Easy to say no , but don’t forget , that shooter had a semi automatic rifle , considerably more firepower than the 9mm or the shotgun the deputy had 

Although the officer was there to do a job which he didnt and he drew the pay for many years its not something that can be trained  for.  If youve never been in a situation how does anyone know how anyone is going to react. Yeah it is easy to say I'd have shot back but we Wernt in the situation. If Trump thinks that putting more guns into the equation in the shape of armed teachers this scenario will be played out again. Only then the bullets might be going both ways. When the police, who are supposed to be trained with the use of firearms get involved in shootings in The General public arena it is bad the amount of rounds shot off without effect and the amont of bystaneers that get accidentally shòt by stray bullets from police held firearms is high.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, you are to blame........the society that folk of your political persuasion have fostered and encouraged, the barriers you broke down are directly responsible for those kids deaths imho

amazing hes still alive.....mind you he is white.....

Apologies Stiff I have re read again ,my replies were completely wrong . Hope you can accept I was miles off the mark

Posted Images

Here is what you need to know about armed deputy who failed to act during school shooting

Scot Peterson stood outside for 4 minutes during shooting, sheriff says.

PARKLAND, Fla. - As gun fire erupted within Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the armed deputy who was tasked with protecting the children of the Parkland community is accused of taking cover to protect himself instead of doing what he had been paid and trained to do.

When faced with the realization Thursday that he was going to be suspended without pay, Sheriff Scott Israel allowed Broward Sheriff's Office Deputy Scot Peterson to resign/retire, which would make him eligible for whatever benefits and pay he might be entitled to receive. 

While Nikolas Cruz used an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle to kill 17 people, Peterson was armed and in uniform. Israel said he was seen "taking up a position" outside of the west side of building 12 during the massacre, "and he never went in."

According to a Coral Springs police officer, Peterson hid behind a concrete column near the stairs. Israel said Cruz began shooting at 2:21 p.m., and exited the building about 2:27 p.m. Peterson, who towers over 6 feet tall, was outside the building for four minutes, according to Israel.

His actions appeared to contradict what his superiors expected of him. They were also inconsistent with his most recent employee evaluation stating that he took "pride in protecting the students, faculty and staff" and "was dependable and reliable."

Sgt. Greg Molamphy nominated him as the Parkland Deputy of the Year in 2017. In a memo Molamphy sent to Lt. Michael DeVita, he wrote Peterson handled "issues that arise with tact and solid judgment."

BSO hired Peterson in 1985 after he studied at Miami Beach Senior High School, Miami Dade College and Florida International University. Records show he was transferred to the school resource officer program in 1991. Three years later, the Florida Association of School Resource Officers recognized him with the most outstanding school resource officer in the state award. 

The 54-year-old veteran had been working at MarjoryStoneman Douglas High School since 2009, according to Parkland records. Israel said that he "resigned/retired" from his position as school resource officer Thursday, after learning from Lt. Barry Lindquist that he was under investigation.

He received numerous awards during his tenure. In 2013, Parkland officials named him Broward County Sheriff's Office Parkland employee of the year. The department recognized Peterson as SRO of the Year for proving "to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment" in 2014. 

Records show his base pay was over $100,000 a year in 2013 and 2014, but dropped to about $75,800 in 2015. His overtime pay remained about the same during those three years. 

After recognizing his 30 years of service in 2015, Israel wrote that Peterson's "dedication and allegiance" were "the best illustrations of the service BSO provides."

That same year, the Sun Sentinel reported he was among the police officers who were living for free on school property in exchange for after-hours campus security. Records show he had been living at Atlantic Technical College in Margate since 2000 and applied for a home loan in 2015. 

Broward County incident reports show that unidentified callers contacted authorities with concerns about Cruz in February 2016 and November 2017, and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resource officer received the information. The first caller reported having third-hand information that Cruz was planning to shoot up the school. 

Israel said the investigation will continue, and two other unidentified BSO deputies were placed on administrative duties over their handling of tips reported about Cruz's prior threats. 

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/here-is-what-you-need-to-know-about-armed-deputy-who-failed-to-act-during-school-shooting

• Like 1

The officer was out gunned granted but not massively one on one and he was trained whereas the kid was just a lunatic ... throw in screaming kids running around wild and in hysterics and you have a shitstorm ... but the cop knew the school inside out and would know where the shooter was and how to get to him or cut him off ... one man isn't going to go running in all rolling on the floor and shooting from the hip like Rambo ... BUT he could have steadily made his way into that school to where the shooter was staying in cover and attempted to neutralise the threat ... but he didn't and that for me is unforgivable ........

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It was protocol for his job thats what they paid his wages for thsts whst he signed up to do what don't you get about that

Yes he should have followed protocol and ran in and tried to make a difference like he agreed when he took the job. 

When old muzzle loaders have been excavated on battlefields some have been found with about 10 + charges and balls in the barrels which haven't been fired. Those soldiers broke the sequence of load, aim, fire.  Does that make them cowards? When Under fire, stress makes strange things happen and some run and hide. Some just get their heads blowd off like the jap soldiers on the Pacific islands. 

48 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It don't give me any feeling mate. I'm just stating what I'm led to believe is a fact. Regular cops are told to engage an active shooter and not wait for SWAT. SWAT are useless when most attacks are over inside of their response time, hence the change in protocol.

I stand corrected......

You’ve read something. 

I work alongside them.  

You must be right. 

Outa here......

I would not believe anything that comes from the media without being able to substantiate it. Let the investigation run it's course then all will become evident.

The above media report says " peterson who stands over 6ft tall was outside the building for four minutes" what has his height got to do with anything? unless they are trying to say the taller the man the braver he should be? media have the nasty habit of a creating juicy headlines in the heat of the moment to sell papers.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, PMul said:

I stand corrected......

You’ve read something. 

I work alongside them.  

You must be right. 

Outa here......

Look fella if you want to measure dicks then I'll just let you measure it up against the local sheriff's. His words.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-shooting-sro-20180222-story.html

Again, stating what their protocol is for an active shooter incident.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/us/police-security-florida-shooting.html

2 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

It was protocol for his job thats what they paid his wages for thsts whst he signed up to do what don't you get about that? 

Yes he should have followed protocol and ran in and tried to make a difference like he agreed when he took the job. 

Have you ever seen what a gunshot wound to the head looks like?.......you don’t just bat it off and fight on bravely wounded, your f***ing brains are all over the wall and that’s from a shotgun never mind a high velocity rifle.

Get a grip mate.

• Like 2
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

What the f**k are you talking about ?

What I’m talking about is, it’s easy to be all “Charge of the light brigade” when it is t going to be your canister making a modern art masterpiece all over the blackboard ! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, delswal said:

9mm v 5.56 semi auto AR15 and people in here give the impression that they would have just blindly ran in, I wonder what would happen if this scenario became a reallity for some?

fair few with skid marks in their undercrackers

8 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I never seen anybody say they would charge in. Honestly what are people failing to understand?  This fella signed up to a job that he knew fine well required him to enter an active school shooting even without back up but when the time came his arse collapsed . 

The fella is getting slated because he was outside for 0r taking cover for 4 minutes, yes 4 MINUTES, put yourself in his place he hears automatic gunfire and kids and teachers screaming in school corridors, the noise must be echoing all around them corridors kids running everywhere, you think 4 minutes is to long to try and asses the situation and where the shots are comig from? wonder what would have happend if he had gone all gung ho and they found a kid with a 9mm round in them who got caught in the crossfire............was he right or wrong to wait 4 minutes he was there..........one thing for certain the media who are reporting this were not there but ones things for sure they will have a bad guy to help sell newspapers