Labour Party Animal Welfare Plan

40 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Lots I agree with few bits I disagree with but that’s politics, if they save the NHS, social care, pensions etc then compromise is a necessary evil.

Rough shooting and a degree of game bird rearing would still be legit and no one is going to bring back hare coursing or fox hunting that ideal is just Pie in the Sky.

As to all the too far left stuff, well thats opinion of a few..

https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/jonas-fossli-gjers/jeremy-corbyn-mainstream-scandinavian-social-democrat

Get on Jeremy; they don't like it up em!

You should know as well as I do that banning "intensive rearing of game birds" is a not so ambiguous way of saying they're gonna ban game farming on any scale above the small DIY level. It's not hard to speculate when the minister in charge will be a rabid anti & vegan! How many keepers alone do you think will now be out of a career?

I don't think many are of the delusion anymore that hunting will be legalised. What's a bit more concerning is that they want to 'close loopholes' which is another not so ambiguous way of saying they intend to end it properly.

We should all be dead grateful that some stuff isn't going to be banned though...... never mind the fact that this is a continuation of their agenda to end fieldsports entirely. Only focusing on any single one of their incremental restrictions might make it not seem so bad I guess.

Funny, they're happy to have an investigation into the greyhound racing industry to see if that needs banning too but no mention of a study into the effects of the raptor population for perhaps a compromise policy, rather than just "increase punishments for raptor persecution". 

You are dead right, you have to do what your conscience deems best, I won't knock ya for that. Anyone that supports this at the ballot though is willingly sacrificing fieldsports and those whose careers depend on it for what they deem that greater good.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is labour going to save the NHS??  Borrow borrow borrow was the explanation wasn't it? Massive population growth and massive borrowing to pay for it.  Save the NHS? The best they will do

I want a perfect political party who represents me.  Until then, as much as it sickens me, we only have the conservatives. If Labour get in next time then England, the countryside and everything

No mention of halal slaughter?

2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Lots I agree with few bits I disagree with but that’s politics, if they save the NHS, social care, pensions etc then compromise is a necessary evil.

Rough shooting and a degree of game bird rearing would still be legit and no one is going to bring back hare coursing or fox hunting that ideal is just Pie in the Sky.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/jonas-fossli-gjers/jeremy-corbyn-mainstream-scandinavian-social-democrat

Diane abbot liked him up her.

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

You should know as well as I do that banning "intensive rearing of game birds" is a not so ambiguous way of saying they're gonna ban game farming on any scale above the small DIY level. It's not hard to speculate when the minister in charge will be a rabid anti & vegan! How many keepers alone do you think will now be out of a career?

I don't think many are of the delusion anymore that hunting will be legalised. What's a bit more concerning is that they want to 'close loopholes' which is another not so ambiguous way of saying they intend to end it properly.

We should all be dead grateful that some stuff isn't going to be banned though...... never mind the fact that this is a continuation of their agenda to end fieldsports entirely. Only focusing on any single one of their incremental restrictions might make it not seem so bad I guess.

Funny, they're happy to have an investigation into the greyhound racing industry to see if that needs banning too but no mention of a study into the effects of the raptor population for perhaps a compromise policy, rather than just "increase punishments for raptor persecution". 

You are dead right, you have to do what your conscience deems best, I won't knock ya for that. Anyone that supports this at the ballot though is willingly sacrificing fieldsports and those whose careers depend on it for what they deem that greater good.

In comparison to NHS, social care, pensions I'm afraid there is no contest, the only other party likely to get in at the next election is the Conservatives and f that were to happen it would be a death knell to all three. So to my mind there is only ever going to be one way to vote. I'll jump out of the frying pan if the result is a singed arse rather than the fire.

2 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Diane abbot liked him up her.

Rather him than me but each to their own choices.:bad:

The NHS needs a huge shake up IMO, I think you're a nurse Sandymere? So it stands to reason that you will defend the NHS/your career above all else...

but from the other side of the fence (and I've said this many times on here) the NHS as it is does not work, we have seen hell of a lot over the last 7 years or so of my wife's illness, and some has been shocking!

im sure if the the NHS was ran as a business in the true sense of the word then the accountability for waste, bad management, and poor end results would result in a far slicker service.. 

i love the ideology of the NHS and would love for the model to work, but I fear it would only get worse under a labour government, they hardly have a good track record with using money wisely, or living within their means do they...

all will false promise, we know that now surely, as an ordinary hard working Englishman I can't see a vote for labour being in my interest, I don't believe they represent me in the least unfortunately, as they are the party that should

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How is labour going to save the NHS?? 

Borrow borrow borrow was the explanation wasn't it? Massive population growth and massive borrowing to pay for it. 

Save the NHS? The best they will do is create another short term boom period. So my kids will end up in a country with no fieldsports, no NHS and the only white kid in the class. 

You must be soft in the head if you vote for that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, sandymere said:

How long after the £2 BILLION  a year game rearing industry is destroyed will it take the Labour / Anti brigade to turn there attentions on the rough shooting / small Shoot ..probably before the ink is dry ...Anyone nieve enough to think the Labour Party will be happy until all field sports are stopped needs to get there head tapped ..Hunting with hounds / dogs was first , driven shooting ( grouse , pheasant / partridge/duck ) is there next goal and after that make no mistake any form of shooting / Hunting will be in there sights ..Once ALL  forms of  Hunting with dog and gun are finished what’s next  .? Salmon and game fishing , sounds a bit extreme , not when your dealing with extremists ... sadly you can’t compromise with extremists as we know to our detrement in other fields ..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Nothing about halal slaughter houses I wonder why?

They do mention this...

• Mandatory labelling of meat, both domestic and imported. This would include details on country of origin, method of production and method of slaughter (stun or non-stun).

They fail to indicate any directive of intent and to me it just means it will have a label stating whether it has been slaughtered humanely whilst stunned, or slaughtered inhumanely (IMO) without stunning. So it would appear that they are quite happy with the methods of Halal slaughter and not with the welfare of the animals. It's all about keeping their voters I feel.

3 hours ago, sussex said:

How long after the £2 BILLION  a year game rearing industry is destroyed will it take the Labour / Anti brigade to turn there attentions on the rough shooting / small Shoot ..probably before the ink is dry ...Anyone nieve enough to think the Labour Party will be happy until all field sports are stopped needs to get there head tapped ..Hunting with hounds / dogs was first , driven shooting ( grouse , pheasant / partridge/duck ) is there next goal and after that make no mistake any form of shooting / Hunting will be in there sights ..Once ALL  forms of  Hunting with dog and gun are finished what’s next  .? Salmon and game fishing , sounds a bit extreme , not when your dealing with extremists ... sadly you can’t compromise with extremists as we know to our detrement in other fields ..

Bang on fella! Bang on. Blair’s labour didn’t really care for the issue either way, they only cared for the votes in it. Corbyn’s labour are ideologically and radically opposed to our lives. They hate us and consider us barbaric psychopaths who need dragging into the modern liberal world! We shouldn’t overlook that.

I can see how their look into the greyhound racing industry will be a prelude to greater animal welfare legislation with the end game of banning folks from culling their own stock. It’ll all be traceable by chipping and any dogs/stock not euthanised by a vet and having been deemed necessary by the vet will be prosecutable.

They will ban what they can and regulate to death what they can’t.

Thats the future under the modern liberal Labour Party folks...

• Like 2
On 2/14/2018 at 06:40, Born Hunter said:

Have a read of this and tell me the Tories are just as much of a threat...

https://labour.org.uk/issues/animal-welfare-plan/

... If Disney wrote manifestos...

On 2/14/2018 at 07:55, Born Hunter said:

Everyone keeps telling me to up sticks and go to Houston, earn 2-3 times what I'm on now, pay less tax etc, meet an all american blonde cowgirl :give_rose::pardon::D

I can't bring myself to do it.

Houston is an incredibly violent place... Go somewhere like Wyoming where the ladies can teach you a thing or two about harvesting elk!

The first step is the hardest...