Labour Party Animal Welfare Plan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is labour going to save the NHS??  Borrow borrow borrow was the explanation wasn't it? Massive population growth and massive borrowing to pay for it.  Save the NHS? The best they will do

I want a perfect political party who represents me.  Until then, as much as it sickens me, we only have the conservatives. If Labour get in next time then England, the countryside and everything

No mention of halal slaughter?

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Bunch a loonys

I'll admit I don't disagree with all of it. In principle much of it is reasonable, but some of it...... some of it scares me a little. Makes me wonder what the future holds for me on this island, it really does. That's me being totally selfish, when I consider my mates who's livelihoods depend on hunting and shooting industries etc they really will be f****d from all directions.

What really does me in is so much of it is totally against the established and ongoing research! So much of it is 90% about ideology and giving folks a utterly ignorant warm fuzzy feeling inside. If they said, "look this industry is conclusively shown to be f***ing things up, it needs sorting" I could get on board with it, I could accept that action needs to be taken and a compromise found. But that ain't the case in much of what I see here.

Ahhh, f**k my life! :laugh:

• Like 2

On the flip side, they go and ban f***ing everything that is in anyway a viable sporting industry then suddenly the value of sporting rights and demand for such drops through the floor! I'd have access to loads of prime wild game permission! :D All the woodland would suddenly be unkeepered etc!

That is until they ban that too as the wedge knocks further in to the pit of madness! Or until it all goes to shit being utterly worthless to landowners! No worries though, because they have another action plan to force landowners to manage their land in eco-friendly ways.... I assume funded by the taxpayer since the private funding will have now been stopped?

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I said I’d load a times I will be encouraging my kids to leave an get to fcuk from here tbh, if I was younger an didn’t have 4 young kids an no real trade I’d be off in a heart beat, younger years it was pride that stopped me if I’m honest I thought this country will be great again an wanted to be part of it, but let’s fave facts if not a case if if labour get in, it’s when, it’s only a 2 horse race an they can’t lose forever, an that day will be the start of it all I reckon, we know it’s started already but that will be the start of the real downfall I reckon. Best buckle up tight ha ha 

aint nasa or the Hydron collider or   Area 51 always looking for geeks like you tho???

Everyone keeps telling me to up sticks and go to Houston, earn 2-3 times what I'm on now, pay less tax etc, meet an all american blonde cowgirl :give_rose::pardon::D

I can't bring myself to do it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Come live with my mental family,gee me a crash course in quantum physics or whatever the fcuk it is you satchel wearing brainboxes know an I’ll go instead?

It's easy mate, much of the day is spent just thinking, occasionally you write some of it down and very rarely you have to justify your existence by telling someone what you have been thinking about....... which is no bother because no c**t understands anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Everyone keeps telling me to up sticks and go to Houston, earn 2-3 times what I'm on now, pay less tax etc, meet an all american blonde cowgirl :give_rose::pardon::D

I can't bring myself to do it.

You, my friend, are mentally ill ! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

this doesnt bode well

Wild Animals

Labour is clear that our animal welfare obligations go beyond domesticated animals. Unlike the Conservatives who have championed fox hunting and last year gave the green light to the highest ever number of badgers being killed across England, Labour are exploring ways to further enhancing the Hunting Act and bringing forward a ban on the badger cull. We will seek to promote high standards with regards to game shoots, tackle criminality, and promote sustainability.

Although many retailers now refuse to stock real fur, it is still sold in the UK. With no legal requirement for fur to be labelled as real, consumers can be misled into buying real fur, believing it to be fake. Today whales, dolphins and other marine animals face a variety of man-made threats including hunting, ship strikes, chemical pollution, entanglement in fishing gear and issues arising from climate change.

• Enhance and strengthen the Hunting Act, closing loopholes that allow for illegal hunting of foxes and hares.
  • End the badger cull.
  • Make illegal hunting and all wildlife crime a reportable offence.
  • Ban wild animals in circuses.
  • Introduce and enforce a total ban on ivory trading.
  • Ban intensive rearing of game birds for shooting.
  • Tackle the illegal wildlife trade and clamp down on trophy hunting. Ending the import of wild animal trophies from species that are classified by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature as critically endangered. Expand this ban to species listed under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
  • Increase penalties for criminal behaviour as well as improve enforcement and prosecution rates for the persecution of birds of prey.
  • Tackle the trade in fur by requiring shops to prominently label items containing real fur and phase in a ban on all fur imports.
  • Introduce a ‘Blue Belt’ to protect and enhance our marine environment around the UK and overseas territories.
  • We will consult on the creation of National Marine Parks.
  • Embed and enhance in policy the responsibility for farmers to conserve, enhance and create safe habitats for birds and animals during the breeding season, and encourage the growth of wildflowers.

• Like 3

Old corbyn going to come out with any pish to get votes this should be his last election at his age but after what he did to the young voters the last time i hope they found out what hes really like 

• Like 1