gels or ointment to close wounds

any one recommend any good products for healing and closing up cuts and wounds on dogs, been using pettifers green  gel, but would like to know what works for other folk,maybe some sort of equestrian stuff works,think there is something called cut and heal any body knowif its anygood for dogs.

I think it has a cephalexin antibiotic so pretty broad coverage of infection, only worries would be increasing antibiotic resistance generally and price. Lot of wound gels about without Abx's likely do as well if the wound was cleaned well in the 1st instance. Depends on wound type, puncture wounds such as bites are a different kettle of fish to tears and may be difficult to clean properly so an Abx gel can be useful.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Any thoughts on dry cow used on dogs sandy, you seem to speak ye mind?

The synolux one iv'e found don't help at all,in fact iv'e a few tubes left of it and i'll not be using it any more although other brands iv'e used iv'e never had an issue with.Had a terrier take some stick before xmas and used manuca honey on him (advised by the vet) and my god i could see a difference every day in them closing up and a jar permanantly sits in my dog first aid kit..

• 2 months later...

We have something called Bag balm. it heals quickly and keeps flies away. When it comes to cut's and scrapes =

(bag balm is the bomb)

https://www.bagbalm.com/shop

The active ingredients of Bag Balm are 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% (antiseptic) in a petroleum jelly USP and lanolin base.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bag_Balm

• Like 1