Boat trip

48 minutes ago, Tyla said:

Ive next taken a boat fishing trip in tgis country, wheres the bedt place to go from?

Im based in sussex but would be eilling to travel for a decent trip

Plymouth. A boat called size matters. Look on Facebook for Kevin Mckie Charters. 

The boat is in Liverpool for the cod but will soon be back down south. Biggest charter boat in the country. Top skipper 

That is a good question. I dont know what the options are to be honest. Ive not fished properly out of a boat at sea here but did it in NZ and really enjoyed it. 

Definatrly like to catch some mackerell but bigger fish would be good too. Im into catch and cook rather than catch and release ideally.

What do you suggest?

In that case, you may struggle a bit at the mo on mackerel,  bit early for them but you may hit lucky IF you can find a boat that will bother looking this time of year.

i would say get out wrecking, bass, pollock and cod been the main stay and all very good eating.

or a dedicated bass trip, but bag limits apply and that's more for purists chasing pb's than filling the freezer.

plaice are starting to show, but personally I wouldn't charter for them.

I would go wrecking,  every port has charters, spirit of Arun is a good boat, where are you based and I will let you know the closet boats with a good Rep.

• Like 1

Im planning more for the summer months than now, to be fair the thought of being at sea in this kind of weather doesnt appeal to me!

Im based in west sussex but would travel to most of the southern half of the country if it meant a good trip.

1 hour ago, Tyla said:

Im planning more for the summer months than now, to be fair the thought of being at sea in this kind of weather doesnt appeal to me!

Im based in west sussex but would travel to most of the southern half of the country if it meant a good trip.

Don't blame you, most trips are getting blown off at the moment

some very good boats in your neck o the woods, or if you are happy waiting till summer my boat should fingers crossed be back on the mooring for then and your welcome to come out.

1 hour ago, Tyla said:

Is the spirit of arun moored at littlehampton? Pretty sure ive heard of it

Yes, that's the one, Neil and Mick French, excellent skipper who knows his stuff, won't get him at the mo as he is on hols, picked a good time to go with all this wind.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Rabid said:

Don't blame you, most trips are getting blown off at the moment

some very good boats in your neck o the woods, or if you are happy waiting till summer my boat should fingers crossed be back on the mooring for then and your welcome to come out.

Yes, that's the one, Neil and Mick French, excellent skipper who knows his stuff, won't get him at the mo as he is on hols, picked a good time to go with all this wind.

Very kind of you. Please do send me a message when you are up and running.

I have a mate who has told me good things about that boat too. Once the weather is less dire i will give it a try

Don't bother with Norfolk or Suffolk,cod haven't shown up in any numbers or size the last 2 years and the summer your'll get better smoothound and bass fishing along the southern coast.I have unlimeted access to a boat and we just don't bother going out in it come winter..

2 hours ago, fireman said:

Don't bother with Norfolk or Suffolk,cod haven't shown up in any numbers or size the last 2 years and the summer your'll get better smoothound and bass fishing along the southern coast.I have unlimeted access to a boat and we just don't bother going out in it come winter..

Ha ha, no mention of Norfolk or Suffolk for that very reason.

i got a few mates over that way and it's been a terrible couple of years for them.

• Like 1