head wrecker

si brown

woke up today the first time this year to blazing sunshine... it was dinner time by the time I could be bothered to get up though!!

I thought this is the perfect chance to christen the hw35...I had it at Jimmys range last weekend and it was ringing the small bell at 60yrd no problem. 

so I got to the campsite perm only a mile from home to be greeted by the perfect opportunity, a woody with its back to me at about 25yrds, 

leaning on a way rock steady pulled the trigger and missed!!wtf

there was another one same scenario so moved in on it to about 35yrd... pulled the trigger! yep missed this one by a mile too:wallbash:

so I went and got decked out for a zero check... bang on!

after that I decided to hide out behind a pallet/ makeshift hide thats been there for ages while I had a smoke and a brew!! feckall came in but it never bloody dose when im in there,

thats why I dont do hides :(amTvwnryST618r5W8pKjoA.thumb.jpg.3eca6c196af19ccd8adb8ce03711cb66.jpg

went for a mooch and clocked another... hit it between the blades and the f****r flu and dropped but a fare way away so I couldn't get it.. it was pretty windy and there were a 

lot of active birds moving about which made a change as the last 3 sessions at this place have blanked!

another opportunity arose and fully missed again!!!

that was it for me, I jumped in the car.. came home, grabbed the 510 and a tin of express went back and zeroed the rifel.. 3 tweaks and it was on the money:thumbs:

within a couple of mins a woody presented its self at 45yrd and a few seconds later was on the deck with an instant check out, shot off the knee!

fullsizeoutput_2f5.thumb.jpeg.894ad862b2a159934c4387e663c2da7d.jpeg

I could see a white chest up in a large evergreen that they like  tucking up in on windy days so I moved about till I could get a good shot on it, 

when I finally got a clear view found out it was a squirrel, so I got steadied on a tree and dropped it at about 30... it just checked out and didn't drop!

its up there and staying there, I aint climbing that:laugh:

• Like 6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woke up today the first time this year to blazing sunshine... it was dinner time by the time I could be bothered to get up though!! I thought this is the perfect chance to christen the hw35...I h

A mate of mine is floggin Si Pittaway fan club thongs if your interested Marko? Super cheap, super tight and super bright.  Im told Si rubs his balls over every garment twice before its gets pack

pair of twats !                     

Posted Images

5a80aa972d6b0_CtfPt9AlQgzPssFfb4Mg.thumb.jpg.e85ce97a7e5e0c964426e8114a20d2aa.jpg

so within 15 minutes I was back on track... and in the car on the way home!

think the poor old 35 suffers prosport syndrome with me, accurate as you like laid prone but I cant hit sh1t with it roving about so its going to be given away as

I cant sell it cos it was a gift off jimmy!

cheers si

• Like 1
1 minute ago, big napper said:

You got out and got something si, im cracking up iv not been out for 2 weeks guns in shop.

nightmare bn... are you getting all the seals done?!

dont know what its been like round your way but the weather round here has been sh1te since Christmas I haven't been out so much either!

12 minutes ago, j j m said:

nice woody si mate,we all have days like that mate

cheers Jeff 

when I was pi%%ed off walking back to the car I took a random free-standing pot shot at a pice of tile at about 30yrd and hit it!

I could of smashed the bloody thing up:cray:

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Rez said:

Pukka post that si. Great images, can believe how mint that little Airmax looks on that five ten. Assuming it's the 3-12. 

Hope your well man x

im good cheers:thumbs:

its an endurance 5x15-50 on the 510 Rez, I recon its the best scope ive got!

the little one on the 35 is a panorama 3x9-40 its battered... had it ages and it shows:laugh:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, si brown said:

im good cheers:thumbs:

its an endurance 5x15-50 on the 510 Rez, I recon its the best scope ive got!

the little one on the 35 is a panorama 3x9-40 its battered... had it ages and it shows:laugh:

Ha. My mrs just said it looks like an endurance (she's starting to recognize airgun stuff), I was like nooooooo way :) I must admit I didn't know the endurance came as 5-15, or with illumination at the eye piece. 

Learn a new thing every day. 

Smart as either way. Super smart. 

9 minutes ago, Rez said:

Ha. My mrs just said it looks like an endurance (she's starting to recognize airgun stuff), I was like nooooooo way :) I must admit I didn't know the endurance came as 5-15, or with illumination at the eye piece. 

Learn a new thing every day. 

Smart as either way. Super smart. 

haha... thats you fcuked then, no more sneaky purchases :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1