Missus has left me

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

You ain't making maple syrup ted?I saw some maple syrup ice lollies for sale yesterday,maple syrup on a stick and stuck in the ice outside to freeze it :blink: 

the trees are still frozen out this way,still!!!

-42c this morning,by god its cold today.

apparently -3c tomorrow LOL

i just wont know what to wear

:icon_eek:

• Haha 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My missus left me last month, which worried me..............for a while I thought I'd gone deaf !!   Make the most of your new found leisure time, Ted !

Yup  missus has left me for a while and flown back across the pond. so i was a tad hungover today to bother going hunting so I decided to try my hand making raspberry jam while i waited for

No wonder she left you ???

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ted Newgent said:

the trees are still frozen out this way,still!!!

-42c this morning,by god its cold today.

apparently -3c tomorrow LOL

i just wont know what to wear

:icon_eek:

I was here once when it was -41 with windchill,I couldn't believe how cold it was when trying to breath,thankfully I was dressed for the weather but anyone who lives through a winter of that is hardcore.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Silversnake said:

-42c sounds insane to me, here in oz we have been having days +42c, If I took a holiday in Canada right now I would definitely struggle!

we dont need fridges to chill our beers while BBqing on the deck at the moment

come on over end of may when it hits +40c

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bloody Skippy's everywhere, you just cant go anywhere these days without bumping into them.   ( Sth. Aus.)

SS, Teds temps are that huge nearly 90C swing, years ago I flew from Sydney to Vienna, via Singapore. Just wearing tshirt shorts and sandles, got off the plane and my balls shot up to my throat because it was -28C and we had to get onto a bus on the tarmac. They actually were worried because I was so chilled in the terminal.

But I love the environments at extremes - such different worlds.

Ted I would love to try some of your jam, but it would be held by Customs, ( and eaten in their Staff room ) :cray:

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Silversnake said:

Does it really get that hot over there? I will save my visit for spring... Canada does look beautiful and I do plan to have a look one day. Atvb.

copied pasted for you

Saskatchewan summers are usually warm and dry. High temperatures range from 15 C (60 F) in May to the mid-30s C (90-95 F) in July and August. We average the most sunshine of any Canadian province; nights tend be cool. Winter normally begins in November and temperatures generally remain below the freezing point.

i will add,summer with the humidity can get mid 40's,winter does start november but the snow doesnt go til around the middle of may.

i do remember it snowing 19th may

• Like 2