with a sling shot you are goverened by the speed of the elastic 200 to 250 ft per sec in the real world . so if you have weak bands you will only shoot 9 mm bbs at about 3 ft lbs if you shoot full butterfly you will get more power and speed , but with speed your bands will wear out quicker .If you have powerfull bands you will still shoot 9 mm bb at 3 ft lbs 200 . 250  ft per sec  , but you will be able to shoot heavy ammo still at 200 250 ft per sec giving you more power . hope this makes sence .

• Like 2

Ammo size as well mate to small a BB will be as bad as to big plus cold effects tbg, there are a multitude of factors you need to work out, get a tape measure stick the end of the tape on your anchor point and pull it out like your shooting a catty, see how far you pull it then divide by 6 this will give you the approximate length of tbg you need for you, then just keep practicing  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Ammo size as well mate to small a BB will be as bad as to big plus cold effects tbg, there are a multitude of factors you need to work out, get a tape measure stick the end of the tape on your anchor point and pull it out like your shooting a catty, see how far you pull it then divide by 6 this will give you the approximate length of tbg you need for you, then just keep practicing  

I always thought I needed to divide by 5

2 hours ago, dave88 said:

I always thought I needed to divide by 5

It is 5 . Something, so anywere between 5-6 will put you in the park, I,m a bit of a fossil mate so always just round up or down unless I,m making something precise, then I get the callipers out cheers

• Like 1

I have used twin bands before found that single was better for me with a light pouch, it was more accurate

to be honest. Single with a light pouch is fast enough for hunting

i, m no expert but I think double would be better for bigger ammo. 12 mm lead etc