Deer rifle recommends

I’m going through my fac renewal and fancy a rifle for roe, a few places where I go there are plenty and I’m missing out on some good grub because I don’t have the right rifle so I spoke to a mate in the know and he said go for a 22-250 perfect for the job, flat, minimum meat damage. What are the thoughts of others on here?

16 minutes ago, Terry Ermann said:

I’m going through my fac renewal and fancy a rifle for roe, a few places where I go there are plenty and I’m missing out on some good grub because I don’t have the right rifle so I spoke to a mate in the know and he said go for a 22-250 perfect for the job, flat, minimum meat damage. What are the thoughts of others on here?

Prefer something steadier for roe myself.

bloodcard020.jpg

U.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

You got Buffalo on your ticket Nath,:tongue2:,seriously  though ive got .243 and .308 .The .243 for Roe muntys and fox and the .308 for Reds and theyre both easy reload and widely available atb

It's only a 30/30, taken several roe and red stags with it.

My last roe was taken with a 308.

goldmedal001.jpg

Personally I would never choose a 22-250. 222 and 223 yes.

The 6.5mm family next and then the 30 Cal's.

U.

• Like 1

Yes ,having fired .357 and .44 back in the day i have to agree <not mine :sorry:>still 180gr Fed shock in .308 is big enough for pigs n goats and thats as big as it gets here in the UK .Dont think you,d get AOLQ for Barrett lite .50 if you could afford 1 and the ammo 

12 hours ago, Terry Ermann said:

Depends on were you are in the UK if you're going to use a 22 - 250, also the meat damage will differ from different rounds, as for fast and flat your bang on the money with that :thumbs: 

8 hours ago, Terry Ermann said:

Yes I’m in Scotland that was the first thing my mate said “as you are in Scotland you can have the 22-250 with ballistic tips that’ll do the job” 

And your mate said , mimnimum meat damage, ballistic tip will do the ok, don't bank on the minimum meat damage though lol

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, delswal said:

And your mate said , mimnimum meat damage, ballistic tip will do the ok, don't bank on the minimum meat damage though lol

That's probably my wording I shouldn't of said minimum but less damage than a larger round maybe........It's interesting to hear others views though, I thank you all for the input when it comes to rifles and shotguns it's not really my thing so I don't mind admitting I need advice from those with more knowledge.