CushtyJook

Hessian bags compared to carry box

Anyone use a hessian bag rather than a ferret box I do a lot of walking for miles between warrens and lumpren all the kit round turns into me regretting wearing anything more than shorts and a vest just wondered if anyone else using the bags as was gonna get one and save the box for easier trips 

Eh up Cushty. Nice to hear from you. Been a while. How's the Corby Candle? I remember when we used bank bags which were not hessian but did the job ok. Fit nicely in the pocket. Jok.

• Like 1

Have used sacks many moons ago but would never use one now ferts to open to injury and weather in sacks 

3 hours ago, jok said:

Eh up Cushty. Nice to hear from you. Been a while. How's the Corby Candle? I remember when we used bank bags which were not hessian but did the job ok. Fit nicely in the pocket. Jok.

Hey Jok sent you a pm

5 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Anyone use a hessian bag rather than a ferret box I do a lot of walking for miles between warrens and lumpren all the kit round turns into me regretting wearing anything more than shorts and a vest just wondered if anyone else using the bags as was gonna get one and save the box for easier trips 

Make yourself a smallish box to go in the bottom of a rucksack be alright for a single bitch ferret. Hope your keeping alright mush 👍🏻

• Like 2

good idea i just dont think my ferret would appreciate my 15st on him when i slip on the mud

When I was a lad my dad used to get my to sew an inside pocket in his donkey jacket and used cut the bag so there was only 1 corner just fit nice in his pocket and off we would go no one new where we was going them were the days

• Like 1

There's no protection for the ferret in a bag and you can sit on a box and keep your bottom off the wet ground

Used a pillow case tied piece string to it and tied it inside my coat befor now...I don’t go ferreting pissed up so not going fall face first and forget to put my hands down....

to to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever in my life fell face first and not put my hands down to stop me 

If going somewhere you have permission tho just use a light weight plastic wheelbarrow. You’d be surprised how light it makes a job 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The one said:

There's no protection for the ferret in a bag and you can sit on a box and keep your bottom off the wet ground

No time for box sitting need to be up and at them lol 

nah ive used both main thing put me off the bags is ferrets not bieng secure and clambering on eachother but id use it for a single ferret no problem.

You put ferrets in  a big burrow I've time to sit on the box  and have a coffee before they work deep enough to bolt rabbits  lol

Can't see the hardship of carrying a small ferret box,a sack would be more annoying with them clambering around inside,and as said if you slip over on steep ground which often happens.

On 09/02/2018 at 13:54, jok said:

Haven't bin the Corby candle a while jock cut down on the drink since Christmas try to avoid pubs these days yeah I know what your on about those bags they'll work if I could get them lol

On 09/02/2018 at 18:04, C.green said:

Make yourself a smallish box to go in the bottom of a rucksack be alright for a single bitch ferret. Hope your keeping alright mush 👍🏻

Not much room mush bags normally rammed with nets that's all I take with me now my single Jill only small warrens we ain't been out much this season with the ferrets  and probally get one more trip in before I stop for the season now dead out there worse than last year 

On 09/02/2018 at 21:17, Aussie Whip said:

Can't see the hardship of carrying a small ferret box,a sack would be more annoying with them clambering around inside,and as said if you slip over on steep ground which often happens.

No it's not small it's a uncomfortable horrible big thing from the days gone by lol your right maybe I should just wait into the summer shows and fairs and get a nicer smaller one 

• Like 1