Could she be in season

I noticed yesterday the dogs tail on the underside was wet & she is doing a lot of cleaning herself down there ,it isnt particularly swollen up, if she is in season how long does it tend to last generally ? she is 11 months old , its been over 25 yrs since I had a pup so I have forgotten what to look for 

1 minute ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

Could be the start of a season or maybe a slight infection I have had bitchs come in season at 8 months before give her few days see if any blood or discharge.

I will keep an eye on her today , she is shredding paper up on the kitchen floor so I am thinking she may well be starting her season :thumbs:

3 hours ago, gnipper said:

Is she peeing a lot more on walks? That' normally the first sign with mine and then a bit of swelling before the obvious blood.

Yes she is peeing a lot more , whines to go out between her walks a lot , theres some swelling developed since yesterday & I have noticed a very musky smell to her coat as wellI think she is in season. i will just watch her & make sure she isnt sickening for something just incase its summat else :thumbs:

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I noticed yesterday the dogs tail on the underside was wet & she is doing a lot of cleaning herself down there ,it isnt particularly swollen up, if she is in season how long does it tend to last generally ? she is 11 months old , its been over 25 yrs since I had a pup so I have forgotten what to look for 

3 weeks

1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

little bit longer yet, then you'll have to watch her like a hawk, its a nightmare keeping a mixed pack so think your self lucky lol

Thats not so bad if its all over in a couple of weeks . I can get her spayed in May then :thumbs:

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Thats not so bad if its all over in a couple of weeks . I can get her spayed in May then :thumbs:

why not get a litter out of her 1st  before you get her done, a nice pit x grey  dog over her get some nice pups, keep a dog pup then  , 

15 hours ago, bird said:

why not get a litter out of her 1st  before you get her done, a nice pit x grey  dog over her get some nice pups, keep a dog pup then  , 

Aint got the room or the finances to breed & it would be a struggle re homing pups round here :thumbs:

• Like 3
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:47, Kay said:

Seems a bit young to me to be spayed, if spaying i'd prefer the dog to be older so it fully developed and all the hormones have done their bit in the growing dog. Seems to me vets want to spay as early as possible, they don't tell you about risks such as increased risk of ligament damage, incontinence etc. I think it's a bit of a cash cow for vets, it always makes me laugh when I see their faces when I tell them I don't plan to get the dog spayed/neutered.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...