Im gonna do it. YEAH!!!!

Decision finally made. Ill contact the dealer tomorrow, and ask him to order for me a: 

Custom stock for one of my 97's...... the cs1000.

I already send the mail to the dealer.

I want 3 extra options if possible

1 adj. Cheeck piece

2 adj. Shoulder pad

3 adj. Hamster

I read somewere that them 1000 stocks are monsterously heavy. Thats what a precision shooter wants. While taking standers: if your technique is sound, then you wont be hindered by the weight. Infact it will be more steadier. Youll wobble less due to the weight. In all other senarioes the sheer weight will help your scores.

Only problem I see is dynamic hunting.

Ill keep you gents informed and I will bury you under a pile of photos when the stock has arrived.

Meantime: anyone have some experience with the cs 1000 stock?

Ive never seen one live...... only on the web:drinks:

Screenshot_2018-02-08-21-47-05.png

Nice man. Can we assume your a target shooter of some kind? Thought about one of these for my own 97, for the field :D Absolute not gonna happen, I like me guns like me women, heavy, but jesus, it does add some tonage. Shot one, all be it right handed at the club. Steady as a rock on aim like.

Looks mint though. 

9 minutes ago, Rez said:

Nice man. Can we assume your a target shooter of some kind? Thought about one of these for my own 97, for the field :D Absolute not gonna happen, I like me guns like me women, heavy, but jesus, it does add some tonage. Shot one, all be it right handed at the club. Steady as a rock on aim like.

Looks mint though. 

Rez, you shot one of em, right? And are they significantly heavier than a regular 77/97 stock? - I hope they are twice as heavy=@

All my life I handeled weapons of all shapes and forms. As a civilian I won the nationals 3p rimfire (Holland is a small country) and I competed 10m offhand with a 300s. At one time a was a permanent member of the youth national 10m offhand team. I also won the non-regulated 5-position nationals with a rimfire, while the others shot cemterfire.

But back on topic: if youre gonne take the '97 cs1000 stock on a hunting trip, you could clubber your pray with the stock. Im sure it will give some leverage!

But I cant find an indication of the weight.

I hope youll get back on the weight question

26 minutes ago, dutchjozef said:

Rez, you shot one of em, right? And are they significantly heavier than a regular 77/97 stock? - I hope they are twice as heavy=@

All my life I handeled weapons of all shapes and forms. As a civilian I won the nationals 3p rimfire (Holland is a small country) and I competed 10m offhand with a 300s. At one time a was a permanent member of the youth national 10m offhand team. I also won the non-regulated 5-position nationals with a rimfire, while the others shot cemterfire.

But back on topic: if youre gonne take the '97 cs1000 stock on a hunting trip, you could clubber your pray with the stock. Im sure it will give some leverage!

But I cant find an indication of the weight.

I hope youll get back on the weight question

By the sounds of your autobiography there :) You'll be absolutely fine, yes, they are significantly heavier, for obvious reasons. Id say, in terms of the weight of the wood, take a standard sporter HW stock, double it, and then take a scopes weight off - perhaps a heavy scope like a menace or something like that and thats about right. [Obvs you need to know what a Menace is in weight but there on the weightier side.]

Be sweet to see it when you have it installed. About a month init from CS in Sheffield? About a month in the UK anyway.

Will get a 500 for me 97 in the future. Just need to get round to it. Then perhaps a 800 for me 98 :) God knows when.

Rez, it wasnt ment to be a bio. It certainly wasnt ment to be to make a point of some sort.  Im 44 and lived 3 lives already8)

I was just giving an answer to your question if I was a target shooter of some sort. But we are all target shooters over here. Be it plinking, shooting vermin, shooting matchsticks or shooting cards. We all have the same passion.

Im glad that you confirm that the weight is quite hefty.

Yep the waiting is at LEAST 4 weeks within Uk borders.

So I reckon at least 6 weeks waiting.

Cheers bud

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rez said:

Looks mint though. 

You could concider buying an old hw 97 stock and modify the shit out of it.

Make a hamster your self and fix it permanently. Fit a bisley adj.shoulderpad. 

Drill 4mm holes in the stock and fill them holes with casted led. Remove the stocks finish and finsh the rifle with monocoat dark oak or red cherry oil.

- and dad's your uncle.

Do some internal work to. Let it operate  at  about 10 or 10.5. It will be sweeeeet:angel: