Season finished

31 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

i think its all fairly simple , if you have permission to hunt land in the name of game bird protection , and the gamekeeper phones in july asking you to check some earths as he's seen signs about near a pen he's about to put 1000's of poult's in and you say no tell him to contact me 

lovely if you can hang up your spade and give fair law but the anti's f****d that up with the hunting bill turning sporting quarry hunted for control, in to out right vermin , 

its not a pissing match the f***ing anti's don't agree with any hunting,shooting ,fishing, live stock farming/ breeding , dairy , pet ownership  and for those who are lucky enough not to need to answer calls fair play but for the rest of us who are working along side people who need our help , yes us terriermen, its a call i'll always answer 

Do you shoot them Glyn?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We out today for the last dig of our season and had a nice handy dig to my Lizzy bitch with 2 up tight in front of her on the break through. We had a good season with 2 young dogs started and going we

there was i time i had loads of permission , could pick and choice , myself and two of my cousins where doing the terrier work for 3 packs of hounds plus a couple of large estates and farms Loads of w

i think its all fairly simple , if you have permission to hunt land in the name of game bird protection , and the gamekeeper phones in july asking you to check some earths as he's seen signs about nea

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

If the phone rings in season or not, wouldn't have much to go at if we didn't, show our faces?gamekeepers /landowners are funny cnuts at the best of times? Can be a ballache at times, not nice killing young of any sort imo.... But it's pest control plain and simple, no time for sentiment, you don't do it then plenty ready to step up and rinse your permission, friends or foe. Atb

When it's a job of work sentiment doesn't come into it but digging cubs IMO isn't even good for terriers and also IMO it takes a certain type of terrier to use on cubs successfully so it's something I could never understand why someone would do it for the craic. Must be because the weather's getting warmer.

But call outs are real and must be done, simple as that.

Had 2 handy digs this morning wanting to get one more into a young dog entered this year. First one was a heavily pregnant female who'll hopefully be left in peace now to have her litter and although hunting goes on for another few weeks digging (apart from call outs) has finished for another season.

It's time for the silly season on here where we all start fighting again. Now where's Mixedgrill till I start a row with him, LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

When it's a job of work sentiment doesn't come into it but digging cubs IMO isn't even good for terriers and also IMO it takes a certain type of terrier to use on cubs successfully so it's something I could never understand why someone would do it for the craic. Must be because the weather's getting warmer.

But call outs are real and must be done, simple as that.

Had 2 handy digs this morning wanting to get one more into a young dog entered this year. First one was a heavily pregnant female who'll hopefully be left in peace now to have her litter and although hunting goes on for another few weeks digging (apart from call outs) has finished for another season.

It's time for the silly season on here where we all start fighting again. Now where's Mixedgrill till I start a row with him, LOL.

What have I done now Neil 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Mixedgrill said:

Fair enough but you can see my gripe with rifle men 

Sorry lads can't stand it 

no worries i know a lad, i've know since childhood really sound guy but he is rifle mad , got a facebook page t-shirts and hats with his logo on , do i agree with what does not most of the time , but he is well respected by those who need his services, will i fall out with him about it no, but if he tries to give me a hat again we might :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 2/11/2018 at 20:04, Daniel cain said:

If the phone rings in season or not, wouldn't have much to go at if we didn't, show our faces?gamekeepers /landowners are funny cnuts at the best of times? Can be a ballache at times, not nice killing young of any sort imo.... But it's pest control plain and simple, no time for sentiment, you don't do it then plenty ready to step up and rinse your permission, friends or foe. Atb

That's all we'll and good but 99% of the rifle lads don't work terriers so when they shoot a milky vixon the unfortunate cub's are left to die a long death.

• Like 5
55 minutes ago, fat man said:

That's all we'll and good but 99% of the rifle lads don't work terriers so when they shoot a milky vixon the unfortunate cub's are left to die a long death.

Rifle lads round here don’t know what a fox looks like up close never mind if she has cubs are not. It’s a case of pull the trigger then select first gear and drive on. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Mixedgrill said:

Fair enough but you can see my gripe with rifle men 

Sorry lads can't stand it 

to be fare i used to dig foxes when i was young but i still stick to the principles of vermin control come cubbing season i left them be but if a problem fox was causing grief it went along with the cubs,   now i pick the rifle because its quick and humane i have poults to protect and farmers to help out, not here argue but every man to his own i think and if a man wants to shoot them let him be we're all on the same boat here.

Edited by IrishFoxer
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, IrishFoxer said:

to be fare i used to dig foxes when i was young but i still stick to the principles of vermin control come cubbing season i left them be but if a problem fox was causing grief it went along with the cubs,   now i pick the rifle because its quick and humane i have poults to protect and farmers to help out, not here argue but every man to his own i think and if a man wants to shoot them let him be we're all on the same boat here.

Shooting Foxes with rifles is no more humane than terrier work, in fact IMO it's less so. No marksman has a 100% kill rate which can result in injured foxes suffering a long lingering,agonizing death. If Terrier work is carried out correctly, foxes can be accounted for 100% of the time if required. And often shooting isn't an option eg. Near a residential area or alongside a roadway etc. But I would agree we are on the same side and everyone to their own?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, snizle06 said:

Why did you get out of the terriers. 

just decided to give it up and try something new,  when i married i moved in to the new parish got settled and bought 2 terrier's one a full bred jack Russell and a border terrier had full intentions to dig them but i just took up shooting i still use them for shooting and they love it, i still go on the odd dig with mates it brings me back to my young days. 

Edited by IrishFoxer
7 minutes ago, Kaiser Sozé said:

Shooting Foxes with rifles is no more humane than terrier work, in fact IMO it's less so. No marksman has a 100% kill rate which can result in injured foxes suffering a long lingering,agonizing death. If Terrier work is carried out correctly, foxes can be accounted for 100% of the time if required. And often shooting isn't an option eg. Near a residential area or alongside a roadway etc. But I would agree we are on the same side and everyone to their own?

i can assure any fox i shoot with the 243 is on the spot dead and dead before it hits ground its a very powerful round and the stopping power is humane for dispatching foxes.

Edited by IrishFoxer