Season finished

We out today for the last dig of our season and had a nice handy dig to my Lizzy bitch with 2 up tight in front of her on the break through. We had a good season with 2 young dogs started and going well so high hopes for them for next season. IMO I reckon these call outs are used as an excuse by a lot of lads just to keep going a few more weeks and in reality all their doing is killing their own sport.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We out today for the last dig of our season and had a nice handy dig to my Lizzy bitch with 2 up tight in front of her on the break through. We had a good season with 2 young dogs started and going we

there was i time i had loads of permission , could pick and choice , myself and two of my cousins where doing the terrier work for 3 packs of hounds plus a couple of large estates and farms Loads of w

i think its all fairly simple , if you have permission to hunt land in the name of game bird protection , and the gamekeeper phones in july asking you to check some earths as he's seen signs about nea

3 hours ago, fat man said:

We out today for the last dig of our season and had a nice handy dig to my Lizzy bitch with 2 up tight in front of her on the break through. We had a good season with 2 young dogs started and going well so high hopes for them for next season. IMO I reckon these call outs are used as an excuse by a lot of lads just to keep going a few more weeks and in reality all their doing is killing their own sport.

Call it what you want but try telling a norfolk born and bred gamekeeper or farmer your going to leave the cubs he's phoned you about because you want to leave them till next year so there'll give you a better dig to a terrier before you let it go again :D.But you are right it would be killing your sport as you'd either kill those that give you the permission through laughing at you or they'd tell you to feck off and you'd have feck all to dig anywhere:cray:.On one shoot i help on there's a wood with a few earths in and we just ain't allowed to try them till the 3rd weekend in feb as due to the shoot's vermin records there's been a fox or two dug there that time or year for years and years,as much as it fecking does our heads in it's the way of the keeper but i do have to say we've had a dig that very weekend in those earths for the last 3 years,after that date were allowed to check it when we want and we've hit on again with the odd dog fox and  a vixen moving big cubs in and they'd have cleaned up the wild nesting game birds if left mate..:thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm flat out foxing atm i tend to stay at them all year because i have 2 fairly big sheep permissions around here so i mainly hunt those permissions i know every earth along those area's so if i did shoot a milky vixen i'll dispatch the cubs, when your protecting livestock, poults and song birds you have to be ruthless. landowners have gave me permission to clear vermin off his land and to not uphold an agreement to protect his live stock for you to then turn around and say when his called you to deal with a fox during lambing you dont shoot foxes in spring because they are rearing young i think you'll find that permission vanish.

Edited by IrishFoxer
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, IrishFoxer said:

i'm flat out foxing atm i tend to stay at them all year because i have 2 fairly big sheep permissions around here so i mainly hunt those permissions i know every earth along those area's so if i did shoot a milky vixen i'll dispatch the cubs, when your protecting livestock, poults and song birds you have to be ruthless. landowners have gave me permission to clear vermin off his land and to not uphold an agreement to protect his live stock for you to then turn around and say when his called you to deal with a fox during lambing you dont shoot foxes in spring because they are rearing young i think you'll find that permission vanish.

I totally agree with you about the permission end of things but to shoot foxes.... sorry chum it's not for me..

So take your gun and yourself and fuuk off somewhere else 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Mixedgrill said:

I totally agree with you about the permission end of things but to shoot foxes.... sorry chum it's not for me..

So take your gun and yourself and fuuk off somewhere else 

Sorry but if you don't like it you need to f**k off. Attack the post and not the guy.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IrishFoxer said:

Other lads have mentioned the use of firearms when controlling foxes y aren't you attacking them listen here you little keyboard warrior I'm no idiot the only idiot here is you, your attacking a person that has a different way of hunting your a moron simple.

but your a full time idiot that what's wrong I've no time what so ever idiotic planks like yourself who buys a rifle and think he's Wyatt earp 

If the phone rings in season or not, wouldn't have much to go at if we didn't, show our faces?gamekeepers /landowners are funny cnuts at the best of times? Can be a ballache at times, not nice killing young of any sort imo.... But it's pest control plain and simple, no time for sentiment, you don't do it then plenty ready to step up and rinse your permission, friends or foe. Atb

• Like 3

i think its all fairly simple , if you have permission to hunt land in the name of game bird protection , and the gamekeeper phones in july asking you to check some earths as he's seen signs about near a pen he's about to put 1000's of poult's in and you say no tell him to contact me 

lovely if you can hang up your spade and give fair law but the anti's f****d that up with the hunting bill turning sporting quarry hunted for control, in to out right vermin , 

its not a pissing match the f***ing anti's don't agree with any hunting,shooting ,fishing, live stock farming/ breeding , dairy , pet ownership  and for those who are lucky enough not to need to answer calls fair play but for the rest of us who are working along side people who need our help , yes us terriermen, its a call i'll always answer 

• Like 9

Glyn I understand it has to happen it’s just not for me. Plus I don’t like to be at anyone’s beck and call. There is only a tiny amount of keepered ground around here and the day we were told we couldn’t come on during the season was the last day we stepped foot on it.

• Like 1