partner van hdi - verdict?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hell of a boy........   i'm glad I aint the only one with a sorry looking bank account.......

that doesnt look like any partner/berlingo ive had...about 20 years to new....

Thanks all. New shape is 3 seats up front, one nearest the passenger door folds flat so you can carry long stuff inside.

Posted Images

After running Jimnys for 10+ years I got an 07 one 18 months back.

Good points : Roomy, reasonable mpg and performance,

Bad points : mechanically complicated, lots to go wrong, spent a fair few hundred getting all the bits done on mine, turbo, glow plugs, egr valve, some parts are dear and expensive to fit.

I'd say its a decent van as they go but I wouldn't go as far as saying its great.

Not sure they do 3 seaters?

Cheers, D.

as Tomo said, I think the older ones are better, they were 1.9 or 2ltr......

I have heard people say that the newer engine 1.6hdi is not that great, and the three seats is a bit misleading as you have to be a little one to fit in the third seat otherwise its a bit of a squash if your an adult......just my opinion........

I got a nice van for sale, but it doesn't have the three seats 2010 1.7cdti astra van just gone 100,00 miles very clean and not abused and genuine sale........

cheers,

jay.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jayjay said:

as Tomo said, I think the older ones are better, they were 1.9 or 2ltr......

I have heard people say that the newer engine 1.6hdi is not that great, and the three seats is a bit misleading as you have to be a little one to fit in the third seat otherwise its a bit of a squash if your an adult......just my opinion........

I got a nice van for sale, but it doesn't have the three seats 2010 1.7cdti astra van just gone 100,00 miles very clean and not abused and genuine sale........

cheers,

jay.

give you 300 for it....:D,,,,if its got mot

Vauxhall Astra or Peugeot partner hdi is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea, as has been said already the last decent engine made by Peugeot was the 19 normally aspirated one but if your after a new van  it does,nt really make any difference what the badge on the front says as they are pretty much all made by European motor factors even transits have Renault lumps in them now and the last Nissan van I had was French powered so unless you like old vans they are all much of a muchness you either get a good one or a lemon