Lamping in Scotland

Alright i dont have lurcher now but run my nephews Bed/Whippet now and then with my little ratting dogs, my farms are mainly in the Scottish borders. The farmer has asked me to clear few rabbits but he seems to think its illegal to lamp rabbits with a dog in Scotland now is that the case now.

Cheers PUD 

leave out from 'dogs' to end and add 'was made illegal in Scotland following the passage of the Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act 2002; notes in particular that it is now illegal in Scotland deliberately to chase or kill a wild mammal with a dog; welcomes the decision of the Berwickshire Hunt to commence hunting after an artificial scent with bloodhounds; notes that MSPs wished to ensure that the Act did not prevent farmers from killing rogue foxes on their land; and understands that, with care, it is possible to kill humanely; but condemns anyone who knowingly inflicts an inhumane death for sport.'

Taken from parliment UK Web site.

You be lucky if you find anyone let you lamp their land in Scotland.... Plenty let you on daytime as long as your not mob handed with the dogs. We go every year and rent a cottage for a week,  not what it used to be, 4/5 years ago nothing to get a 1000 plus in a week,  just with ferrets and nets, finding folk who will let your dogs on to lamp are few and far between lol. When you do you can get good numbers, my bitch caught 72 one night. They don't like lamping simply because there's deer everywhere you go up there, and everywhere is keepered?

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

You be lucky if you find anyone let you lamp their land in Scotland.... Plenty let you on daytime as long as your not mob handed with the dogs. We go every year and rent a cottage for a week,  not what it used to be, 4/5 years ago nothing to get a 1000 plus in a week,  just with ferrets and nets, finding folk who will let your dogs on to lamp are few and far between lol. When you do you can get good numbers, my bitch caught 72 one night. They don't like lamping simply because there's deer everywhere you go up there, and everywhere is keepered?

Don' half read some shite on here lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, brambles said:

Don' half read some shite on here lol

Speaking from personal experience pal. All these were caught on permission on the advie estate in aviemore ?give me a shout and I'll send you the head keepers number?

IMG_20170924_143345_633.jpg

• Like 10
52 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Speaking from personal experience pal. All these were caught on permission on the advie estate in aviemore ?give me a shout and I'll send you the head keepers number?

IMG_20170924_143345_633.jpg

Nice one that' the way to do it. Smart looking dog