6 hours ago, C556 said:

There was plenty of terrorism in Britain and Northern Ireland before the internet. You probably heard less about paedo's back then as there was no internet to hear about them.

yes because pedos got shot or burnt out, and truth be told its the worst part of the cease fires, giving up the policing of the communities

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because both my parents are so called dribblers and paid in for 25 years before they had to give up working! Private pension, own house, brought us all up without asking the state for fuuck all!

Internet is incredible,you can peruse,order,pay for,track delivery,advertise and sell goods and organize a business while drinking a coffee from a smart-phone,you can chat to family on the far side of

No internet would mean I'd have to watch the mind numbing spirit crushing shite the Mrs watches. ...fek that I like to choose my own veiwing   

Posted Images

On 2/8/2018 at 08:46, Born Hunter said:

The internet is the greatest library of knowledge to ever exist! It's a fantastic tool. With all that power comes a f**k ton of responsibility.

The world is certainly no worse with it but quite possibly a shit load better imo.

Alas People do not come to the Internet so that their bad information can be corrected or their cherished theories disproven. Rather, they ask the electronic oracle to confirm them in their ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7 February 2018 at 23:15, Ted Newgent said:

bad people do bad things,that will never stop.computers and the net have made it easier for them

to find each other and communicate.but also the internet has made it easier for the authorities to track/find them.

if it wasnt for the internet i wouldnt be were i am today.

it a very useful tool that i couldnt be without,be it for finding rifle parts from across the globe

to finding dogs local to me and watching sports.

eg it took me 2 hours on the net to find someone who sells an oil plug for a snowblower as i cant buy

one locally.if it wasnt for the net should i of scrapped $1800 of equipement for a $5 part?

In two hours I would have made a new plug in my man cave it's only a bit of bar with a thread cut into it, I have also made parts for my rifles, put your iPhone down and you won't need to keep finding your dog and no one has ever died from not being able to watch sport so your reasons for saving the tinternet are weak and flawed as all the things you mention I could do quicker without the net apart from watch sport which I can live without no problem, we can all make excuses and justify our actions but in truth banning Things we don't like is as bad as any other form of control, I also think there were many more nonces around in my childhood than there are today it was just brushed under the carpet and not talked about, so I don't think the net has increased the number just people's awareness that they are out there, everything in moderation and you,ll be fine 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

What an absolute lot of pish. So because you go A team and can make something in your man cave that's means everybody can ? And your claiming you could find a dog for sale quicker than searching the internet ? 

Edited to say how to you keep upto date with your big cat sources UK, Europe and over the continent? Carrier pigeon ?

I use the Internet as we all do its not a crime but it does not run my life, no one mentioned finding dogs for sale just finding there dogs, it's not about going Ateam really running a die along a bar, it's a skill that most of us had before we relied  on the Internet as a quick and easy fix, so not really so much pish if you read things through before replying 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

Alas People do not come to the Internet so that their bad information can be corrected or their cherished theories disproven. Rather, they ask the electronic oracle to confirm them in their ignorance.

Then nothing has changed for them. But for those that do it’s a powerful resource.

• Like 1