Hunting spring rifle, - The T Rex 200 HC MK3 .177

The sister to my T Rex , the Pro Sport, " should" be here tomorrow, touch wood, so I thought I`d give the T Rex a hunting session today.

It`s hard shooting on my permissions at the moment as the pigeons are feeding away from my grounds on Rape.

Anyway, I`ve watched a few trees of late and decided to try one of them but it needs a hide putting up and is a bit of a walk across some fields to get to.

So, I saddled up my home made hide, poles, primos , seat and game carrier and off we went.

IMG_0914.JPG.5eb370ed69ef8f22a67f23321055f32c.JPG

I landed at the site about 10-35 am, set up the hide against some hedges.

First presentation showed me his back and gave me a 42 yard between the shoulder blades shot.

The shot was precise and it just shut down, without a flicker and fell, Kaiser retrieved him instantly, to hand.

The second and last presentations was at 38 yards, side on.

Exactly the same scenario, just folded and fell, instant despatch and retrieved to hand.

IMG_0915.JPG.ec7fd82f53351469fcc6d4f78cc34e80.JPG

Very slow lads but very enjoyable session, especially with a spring rifle, so much more involved with building the shots.

atb  Mark

• Like 5

I`ve always asked myself the same question Rez - I regret not getting the Walnut :sorry:.

Saying that, I still consider them to be a mighty, fine looking rifle, just the same.:yes:

Semi retired  :boogy:

As often as I can.  :p

Weather looks nice there too Mark.

I'm going have to get another Springer to swap between that and the r10 as I do enjoy using a Springer. All the tx's I've had have been faultless.

Very nice shooting again pal??

Ps........your like the shooting equivalent of a carp fisherman lugging your barrow up and down mate?? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Weather looks nice there too Mark.

I'm going have to get another Springer to swap between that and the r10 as I do enjoy using a Springer. All the tx's I've had have been faultless.

Very nice shooting again pal??

Ps........your like the shooting equivalent of a carp fisherman lugging your barrow up and down mate?? 

Yeah, cold but lovely day.

I don`t think an airgun hunter`s cabinet is full, without a T Rex in it :no:, - superb rifles.

Which springer do you fancy Twat, I mean , Matt  :rofl:

Carp fisherman ? yep it does but just has to be done this time of year. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Yeah, cold but lovely day.

I don`t think an airgun hunter`s cabinet is full, without a T Rex in it :no:, - superb rifles.

Which springer do you fancy Twat, I mean , Matt  :rofl:

Carp fisherman ? yep it does but just has to be done this time of year. :rolleyes:

Well I've I've had a tx in both flavours and loved them. I've never owned a 97 but I've shot them and again, lovely to shoot.

It is going to be a pro sport in .177 when I've got the spare funds as I had that one last year very briefly and I was gutted to have to swap it but it just wasn't right so yes, a pro sport it will be pal. I'm like a broken record I know but it's the best looking springer out there and if it's as impressive as either of my tx200's then I will be made up. Just need to keep saving a bit longer??

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Well I've I've had a tx in both flavours and loved them. I've never owned a 97 but I've shot them and again, lovely to shoot.

It is going to be a pro sport in .177 when I've got the spare funds as I had that one last year very briefly and I was gutted to have to swap it but it just wasn't right so yes, a pro sport it will be pal. I'm like a broken record I know but it's the best looking springer out there and if it's as impressive as either of my tx200's then I will be made up. Just need to keep saving a bit longer??

nice little bargain for you matt and you drive near it on the stockport run:thumbs:

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/guns/air-guns-rifles/34619522/air-arms-prosport-rh-177-mint/view#.WnswByOcbBI

wish I got on with the prosport cos they are a nice bit of kit:wallbash:

im gonna get an old tx and take a grinder to it and if it works out well I'll be getting another ps!

2 hours ago, si brown said:

nice little bargain for you matt and you drive near it on the stockport run:thumbs:

https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sell/leisure-hobbies/hunting-sporting-equipment/guns/air-guns-rifles/34619522/air-arms-prosport-rh-177-mint/view#.WnswByOcbBI

wish I got on with the prosport cos they are a nice bit of kit:wallbash:

im gonna get an old tx and take a grinder to it and if it works out well I'll be getting another ps!

Bloody hell that wont be round for long Si!!! Unfortunately ive had to tighten me belt a bit this winter as its been bloody quiet so its sods law that there is a bargain when I can't spend owt ? 

I appreciate the heads up though mate, thank you??

• Like 1