Australian Researchers Warning Dog Owners

Thought I'd put this up in here as I've just come across it going through my news feeds.

Australian researchers are warning dog owners not to feed raw chicken to their animals as there are increasing signs it's linked to a potentially fatal form of canine paralysis. The paralysis has been identified as the canine form of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) in humans.

Raw chicken is under scrutiny and especially the necks.

I'm not sure if this is an exclusively Australian problem or whether it's a general warning as I've only read limited information but I feed mine gizzards as part of their diet and I'll be changing that. I'll update if I come across any more info.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Henny updates on whether it’s really a problem?

The tests have been pretty conclusive but I can't find anything to say whether it's chicken in general or specifically an Australian problem.

Still looking though.

On 2/6/2018 at 14:50, ChrisJones said:

I'm not sure if this is an exclusively Australian problem or whether it's a general warning as I've only read limited information but I feed mine gizzards as part of their diet and I'll be changing that. I'll update if I come across any more info.

sounds like they are trying to find hens teeth for a solution