snow heavy today here

Nice pictures and scenery. If we get any snow (we have had a few odd flakes one day. Lasted half an hour.) I'll box it ip and send it to you so that it doesnt get lonely. As march is approaching it is getting more unlikely that we will get any again this year and long may it remain so. Roll on global warming. We went out for a five mile walk with the dog at the weekend and it was T shirt weather.  Blue sky. Hooray.  Here today, it is a bit grey with light drizzle rain ÷8°C. Come back the sun and blue sky. Ps you got all your gloves soakkng wet now.

• Haha 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ice statues........  

Every time I open a paper it tells it's going to snow,fcuking flake news.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, scothunter said:

Saw my first spring lamb yesterday. It was f***ing filthy lol

Caked in mud. Poor wee c**t

Seeing how a sheeps greatest ambition is to die, whats it doing outside? Seeing how cold and wet it is up there and it is the farmers crop, why isn't in under cover? A lot are down here. In the soft south.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Seeing how a sheeps greatest ambition is to die, whats it doing outside? Seeing how cold and wet it is up there and it is the farmers crop, why isn't in under cover? A lot are down here. In the soft south.

I think it depends on the breed. The ones we have here never go indoors and seem to do o.k. It's the mothers that seem to die at every opportunity. We found one wedged in the brambles a few weeks ago and managed to drag it out, but this weekend we found another jammed in the same brambles with it's face literally eaten off. Whether it died first or not, I have no idea. Either way it's a shit way to go. 

Yeah. I remember we found one down near the W. end of the Strata Florida run track. The poor devil had gone off of the track by a building and got its legs trapped and tangled in the flattened sheep wire. The beast didnt look as if it had been there more than a day but the whole side of it had been chewed out. Not  nice if had still been alive with two broken legs. Down here the sheep are colour marked and brought into covered buildings with straw. There are electric lights so if there is a problem it can be worked on. When that group have all lambed they are moved into the next building and then out into a small holding field next to the farm. By doing this in this way losses are minimised. 

1 hour ago, Ted Newgent said:

-31c at 9am today

its now warmed up to -19c

i travelled out of town and found a hill to get a photo of the area

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

do you hook up your truck to the electric over night ted.....i know for sure i would have to with my old diesel F250 in those temps.....luckily enough it's only -5 to -7 at night here on the west coast at the moment and snowing... 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

do you hook up your truck to the electric over night ted.....i know for sure i would have to with my old diesel F250 in those temps.....luckily enough it's only -5 to -7 at night here on the west coast at the moment and snowing... 

yes all vehicles have a plug in that keeps the anti freeze warm