snow heavy today here

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ice statues........  

Every time I open a paper it tells it's going to snow,fcuking flake news.

Posted Images

Where I am right down south in kent we rarely get any / much snow and if there is a bit it is usually gone by mid day.  Recently loads of people on here have been posting about how they love the snow and cant wait for it.  Well you are more than welcome to any snow that might be my share. I'd much rather be out there with tillylamp in the sunshine. how those people live out in the wilds of Alaska in temperatures of -20 &30c with snow X ft deep baffle me. I used to be on an American form and some of the guys were sort of cut off with many feet of snow. one bloke had about three hundred acres of woodland and he spent all his spare time in summer cutting and dragging firewood to use over the winter. they used to say that you had too much snow when the dog couldn't get out for a dump and the snow was higher than you could throw it with a spade up on top of the pile.  Really lovely.  Give me shooting over the rape and stubble.any day.

2 hours ago, tillylamp said:

my mate lives in Calgary and at the moment it's -35 with 2-3 ft of snow and he's out snow ploughing with his truck....i'm on the west coast in a T shirt in the sunshine......:laugh: 

East coast isn't bad,just got a takeaway :)

IMG_3206.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's not bad today mate,it's -9 and snowing on and off.The cinnamon apple on dough is beavertail,it's a speciality of Ontario.

ahhh right....my wife would find them yummy....yesterday was 11-12 degrees and sunny here, todays been a misty start and the sun broke through this afternoon, but down to freezing at night time.....  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Mackem ' Ontario.

Have you ever came across a small town called Lindsay?

My Grandfather Ran away from home ( Newbottle - Fence Houses)

When he was 13-14 yrs old around 1926 and ended up there and in that area for around 8 years.

When you say "small",you mean small like Sunderland is yeah ?...:thumbs:..

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Mackem ' Ontario.

Have you ever came across a small town called Lindsay?

My Grandfather Ran away from home ( Newbottle - Fence Houses)

When he was 13-14 yrs old around 1926 and ended up there and in that area for around 8 years.

I haven't mate,but the province is around four and a half times the size of the uk,loads of tiny one horse towns scattered around,I am sure your grandad had loads of tales to tell of him time here.

19 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

He never really spoke of it.

Bits and bobs ' more on his death bed so to speak.

Reading between the lines he must of fell for a daughter of a land owner he was farming for the first 4-5 years he was there .

Last few years he was on the road gangs with motor vehicles becoming more popular.

He showed me the letter the local Vicar back home wrote him saying his mam wasn't in the best health and if he wanted to see her alive he best come home quick.

So he did and met my grandmother.

He ran away as he said his step father was a vicious evil c**t of a man.

He ran away to Liverpool to get work on the docks.

Met a Jock and a Geordie who were around 18-19' they got talking and they said they were planning on stowing away and he could join them.

He did and they stowed away on a cattle ship of some discription.

They hid and a couple days into the voyage revealed themselfs .

He said the head honcho gave them a good bollocking and made them work their journey off ect.

Exiteing times when the world was still a big place and adventures were to be had I suppose.

I regrett not writing down the names of the farmer he worked for ect cos one day the plan is to visit the place it would of been nice to try get in touch with the children and grand children he spoke of.

Who knows that farmers  daughter might of fell wrong and I could have cousins ect over there lol

Or you might have a cattle farm the size of Norfolk ready to inherit!! ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1