A day at mhoptons and a few hours at the range

Well i had to go and pick a rifle up off Mark to refurbish for him and as Si was coming to mine

i arranged with mark for the three of us to go out shooting from day to dark and then out with Blade the dog at night .

first off ,i left my boots at home (done this twice now lol)

Mark being Mark gave me a pair of his and at first they were ok ,,walking through water ,,mud ,,and the likes then all of a sudden water started to get in and wet feet followed but it did not bother me at all how could it we were in gods garden

snow covered hills ,,stunning scenery ,,and a river to our left with white water rapids who could give a feck  good mates good banter and gods garden.

this is what its all about ,

You dont look down for the rabbits on this land you look up on the cliffs and you cant see them unless they move as they seem to be the same color as the cliff faces and they can climb up the cliff face quick real quick ,,,mountain rabbits i called them lol.

There is a hell of a lot of walking and climbing up them hills ..and as im an old twat i let the other two go and i would catch them up

Si put the 97k 177 to good use with two of the best shots iv seen free standing and put the 1st and the 3rd  in the bag and Mark the second

I sat on a little wall and looked back at where we had come from all i could see was rolling hills as far as the eye could see

lit a roll up,up and sat back looking at the scenery

i blanked and you know what i did not give a shit who could in a place like this

sat there with my rifle across my knee and looking at all of this in front of me out with my mates good banter a few laughs

as i sat there i looked back from when i first joined the forum

iv made some good friends off hear all good lads all good friends some iv met some iv still got to meet

Take Mhopton for instance ,,A dog lad right to his heart ,,,and a bloody good one at that you only have to see blade at work to see that

im not kidding lads this dog puts us all to shame with our rifles lol.

Blade listening to every command that Mark gave him ,,,its the turn command i like to see the dog stops dead in its tracks and mark calls out turn ,,,and the dog turns right ,,turn and the dog turns again then turns again until Mark gives the command ,,,go on then and Blade is off and comes back with the rabbit and drops it at Marks feet .

its some thing to see i can tell you .

any way getting back to the day time shoot ,

we made our way back to the car by this time i missed 5 but as i was using the hw100ks 177 it was me and not the rifle :fool::cray:lol

we came across an old farm house all boarded up with part of one of the boards ripped in two Mark told me to shine my lamp in the room(it was dark by now)

in the room were two chairs and a bed in the corner the two chairs were set around the fire place and on the fire place just below the mantle peace was a painting of a sheep in a field it sent chills up my spine lol.

By this time i was fecked and asked Mark how far is it to the car ,,,he points up to this light on the top of a hill that looked like a hundred miles away and says see that light up on that hill over there ,,,errr ,,,yes thats where the car is .

we had walked over hills and valleys ..creeks and rivers and more hills

miles and miles this is when you wish your name was Micheal and you had a car called Kit lol.

But thats when you know you have had a good day  ,,,not bothering looking back at how far you had walked

we made our way back to the car and Mark told us to sit down and he would walk the last hill and get the car and come to pick us up .

We went back to his for a key babe wrap chips and salad a drink 

had a bit of banter then Blade was put in the car and off we went ,,,now this i was looking forward to iv seen Blade in action and SI Brown was just about to get his eyes opened up at how fast you can fill a bag with a DOG .

We hit the first field and with in seconds the first was in the bag quickly followed by the next two

the way this dog works is some thing to see the way it runs and turns and the final strike iv say,d this before and ill say it again

IV GOT THE UT MOST RESPECT FOR THE DOG LADS

its some thing else to watch the dogs at work it just blows my mind honest

walking across one of the fields i lost my footing and down i went with a thud lol

mind at the time it hurt and no one laughed but every time i tried to get up my feet just gave way and back down i went

Si had to pick me up all 6ft1 of me lol

we walked a few more fields then moved on to some more once back in the car i was fecked and the fall had hurt more than i thought so i stopped in the car and let Si and Mark go off with Blade who did not disappoint as i new he would 

i kept telling Mark that Blade was mine he was just looking after him for me lol

i put the seat back in the car and had 40 winks (im getting to old for this i told my self )

all day it ether snowed ,,rained ,,,or sleet and snow and rain all at once lol

Blade put us to shame lads finishing with around 14 or 15 rabbits in the bag

to the lads Si two or three and Mark the same .

and me well i was the winner 0 was what i got

but i was out there with two of the best mates any one could ask for

and a four legged friend who has a place in my heart all ways a man best friend Blade

so who was the winner then

Me  what could be better than that nothing imop.

All that was yesterday so a trip to the range was put together so Si could put the JM35 to the test

and iv got to say its some thing else this little rifle

me ..viz,,si at the range to day rifles were the

hw35

rapid

raider

aa310

hw100ks by the way it never missed a beat to day and was hitting spinners out to 60mtrs lol

we had a bit banter with an old friend Fred who was happy to see us and viz as he had not seen (Sean) for some time

we then headed back to mine for a bite to eat before Si headed off home .

We had a great week end .

And im looking forward to the Next one

well iv got to return the refurbished rifle after all

have i not ;)lol

Mark thank you so much mate for a good day night out

Blade love you to bits my friend

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P281112_17.08.jpg

P281112_17.14.jpg

P281112_17.27.jpg

P281112_22.54.jpg

P281112_22.54_[01].jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

What better sport could you wish to be involved in and what better company and scenery. If you only get out once a month for a day like that it's worth while pal??

Wet through ,,legs like lead ,,,out of breath most of the time

but what a day lol

would not have missed it for the world Matt

• Like 1

Lovely write up Jimmy, great pics too.

Gods Garden that place surely is lads :yes:

If you want I can book you in for some shooting lessons next week as Mitch has nearly finished his :p

Free mind  :good: but don't tell Mitch  :no:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, tomburras said:

Awsome to read that Jimmy I can feel the atmosphere, enjoyment and passion your feeling from the way you typed it. Bloody wonderful. 

Tom i have days when my health is not good and i think iv got to give it up

then i have a day like this did not shoot a thing but out with good mates and in country side like this

i think they will have to drag me kicking and screaming to make me hang the gun slips up lol

• Like 2

Just thinking Jimmy :hmm:

I can lend you a Pro Sport shortly if you like ?

Only saying 

Twat x

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Just thinking Jimmy :hmm:

I can lend you a Pro Sport shortly if you like ?

Only saying 

Twat x

NAAAAA keep it there

SHIT ;):laugh:

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, mark williams said:

See ! I told you they were ! 

Glad I stuck with the TX 200 HC MK 3 .177  :p

Mark honest mate

if you jell with the PS you will hardly pic the tx up again mate

unless you want to give it a day out .

Ethans tx is going down to Si,s for some thing special that going inside of her

some thing that may be a game changer for all tx 200,s

but ill keep that to my self for now any way :yes:

O and i may be getting rid of the bear trap and re,shaping the stock so there is no sine of a bear trap being there at all :hmm:

some thing for you to ponder over

atvbjmmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

I`ve no doubt mate, Si sure seems to know his stuff  :yes:

You know me Jimmy, I like to get close, - that part of air gunning is " THE " buzz I crave, - outwitting the vermin.:yes:

Pulling the trigger is very much in second place.

I know that we are all guilty of wanting to find the golden chalice in air gun hunting but " whatever " air rifle you use, however tuned, or " pumpadoozered up" it is,- to get within 35 yds of your quarry - or closer, truly is the skill !

Under 35 yds, with a spring rifle, shot placement perfect, is " The truth of our sport "

I`m so looking forward to that Walnut Pro Sport - under the 35 yds field craft test, sat on my ass. :laugh:

atb mate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mark williams said:

I`ve no doubt mate, Si sure seems to know his stuff  :yes:

You know me Jimmy, I like to get close, - that part of air gunning is " THE " buzz I crave, - outwitting the vermin.:yes:

Pulling the trigger is very much in second place.

I know that we are all guilty of wanting to find the golden chalice in air gun hunting but " whatever " air rifle you use, however tuned, or " pumpadoozered up" it is,- to get within 35 yds of your quarry - or closer, truly is the skill !

Under 35 yds, with a spring rifle, shot placement perfect, is " The truth of our sport "

I`m so looking forward to that Walnut Pro Sport - under the 35 yds field craft test, sat on my ass. :laugh:

atb mate.

The trouble with me mark is i get to close

just ask the lads .

im to good at field craft  thats my problem lol

and iv become soft in my old age turning more to pcp,s than spring

may be i need to go back to old school days when pcp,s were not around and get back into shooting a spring rifle

as you know there is nothing better than filling a game bag using a spring rifle of any name make or cal its a skill

not a lot of lads have ,

but a pcp makes you think your a top class sniper when really your not ,,,not at all

and i commend you for keeping it up with your springers mark even that shit t,rex you have its a skill just to load the bloody thing lol.

Iv a feeling you and the PS and them  sticks are going to get along just fine mate honest .

Just waiting to go and pay off my 97 then i may just be out hunting again with a spring rifle

Si was amazing with his yesterday Mark

and yes i was jealous at one time it would of been me 

• Like 1

As with all skills Jimmy,- modern life finds/ gives you a way around it.- Short cut stupidity. 

I`ve just spent £575 on a " spring rifle" the Pro Sport, - Jimmy that rifle fits me like a glove and I was leaving the lads at my club behind at the range with my mates Sport.

I`ll post the results of her target work as and when she arrives lads, before she sees any field work.

atb  Mark

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mark williams said:

As with all skills Jimmy,- modern life finds/ gives you a way around it.- Short cut stupidity. 

I`ve just spent £575 on a " spring rifle" the Pro Sport, - Jimmy that rifle fits me like a glove and I was leaving the lads at my club behind at the range with my mates Sport.

I`ll post the results of her target work as and when she arrives lads, before she sees any field work.

atb  Mark

Get yourself a f'kin YouTube channel Marko. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1