Non ped/grew

1 minute ago, Busher100 said:

Where do you find non ped pups for sale as I don't see many?

There are quite a few non ped/ whippet racing groups on facebook. i should imagine you will get people who breed/sell pups on some of them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I will do atb

there used to be  few racing clubs (none ped ) in the black country = whiteheath , cannock, walsall , i had few good sunday morning  at this places in the 80s  . i had  little bitch 20 in 20lb, great little racer, and had few rabbits in the day, the males down the track went up to 23in 33 lb, strong little dogs  with plenty  grit in them.:yes:  wonder if there still raced in the black country today:hmm:

Used to race sunday mornings at my local club, closed down 20 years ago, was great fun dual purpose dogs, racing sun morning out rabbiting on the other days. There was a magazine called the whippet news that gave all the club news and info on open meetings, but like any competitive event the backbiting and all the allegations of doping soon reared its head. Askern was a good stadium for racing the bends there were some bloody fast dogs in those days popular track with the travellers. Claud my mate bred his 32lb bitch to a 24 lb dog the bitch he kept levelled out at45lb  and mine hit 43, you really need to know the dogs lineage. atb.

22 hours ago, Busher100 said:

If I could find a litter of the smaller ones 20 pounds or there abouts id buy one in a flash

20lb bit small for a pure whippet never mind a grew. At 20inch they must be very racey, any pics?