How strongly do you feel about Brexit

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

We've voted mate and that's our bit done, from now on it's up to "the powers that be" to decide for us what will be...I hope the brexit I voted for is achieved, but doubt it will be... the idea of our country calling the shots on who with and where we trade, controlling our immigration (not stopping it as there are some excellent immigrants in this country), and putting the laws of the land back in our control would be excellent if the correct people were in control... unfortunately politicians are far removed from business, common sense and general care for the common man so I'm more than a little sceptical... but here's hoping mate..

Like i say i feel the same .... the media doesn't help so much negativity and skullduggery going on. .  most are pro Europe then there's treasurygate if true another its another nail in the coffin of democracy but its starting to backfire so there's hope ....I agree it won't make much difference to our lifestyles either way but a strong clean exit would be good for our outlook at least. 

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I don't feel beat mate, I'm off a council estate and through graft have a decent enough business, a place with a bit of land, and a few other bits and bobs.. the "system" has neither h

I was seriously excited the morning after the vote... couldn't believe our votes were really going to make a difference for once... it really felt like a change was happening...   now... bor

Another thing I said at the start, they are going to inflict a LOT of pain on the ordinary bloke over this. Nobody on this thread is going to see the positive end results from Brexit but your kid

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

When you say demand to see it through, what exactly do you mean?

we voted, what should or could the general public do next?

march?

riot?

sign petitions?

they decide in the end, and we keep on keeping on.. lol

It means that anyone who thought a vote was the end of it is deluded.

Seeing it through means keeping on at the elected officials and demanding that your interests are upheld. At 51% with the majority, every leaver in the country should be inundating their elected officials with demands to honour their commitment to serve the people they represent. Victories are only temporary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It means that anyone who thought a vote was the end of it is deluded.

Seeing it through means keeping on at the elected officials and demanding that your interests are upheld. At 51% with the majority, every leaver in the country should be inundating their elected officials with demands to honour their commitment to serve the people they represent. Victories are only temporary.

Well I'm deluded then, stupidly I voted for out and believed with a majority decision that was what we're getting..

i didn't realise I then had to write letters, sign petition, protest or anything else...

chris you come over as a very intelligent man, I certainly am not regards politics.. but surely we both know it isn't up to any of us who vote from now on... this whole process has proven that..

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

id love the queen to come on the tv and say ive sacked parliament and house of lords and the mod now run the country until a new government that actually loves being british is set up, oh any and nigel farrage is in charge of brexit so the eu can go feck it self

And The Mogg as Foreign Secretary........and chancellor........and Home Secretary.........and anything else he fancies a go at !

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Well I'm deluded then, stupidly I voted for out and believed with a majority decision that was what we're getting..

i didn't realise I then had to write letters, sign petition, protest or anything else...

The point I'm very poorly trying to make is that the powers that be don't want to side with the majority vote because it's against their interests.

If the British people want anything like a Brexit that they voted for they'll need to keep on at their elected officials. If they let it drop and let MP's get on with it they'll only get what benefits them.

Sorry if it came across like I was having a pop at you Newkid. It wasn't my intention. I'm just sick to f*ck*ng death of watching Brits being sold down the river to people that are only interested in themselves. Different circumstances but I was one of a few dozen of us, off here, that went to protest the hunting ban. Many didn't think it was worth the effort as they believed it was a foregone conclusion. We were let down then and they're being let down now but the MP's are just hoping enough people get bored of the process to let them quietly tie this Brexit thing to a tree and spade it over the head.

You're absolutely right. You should get what you vote for. But you're not.

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 3

I can't believe I'm taking comfort from a guardian article but its encouraging at least for a brexiteer not there target audience.https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/04/cabinet-united-brexit-trade-strategy-amber-rudd-theresa-may-customs-union ...also I don't really have a problem with the transition period as long as may sticks to her guns regarding EU citizens rights not being the same after 29th March 2019  and it help businesses adjust and doesn't  stop us making other trade deals but its going to be a difficult one to achieve imo.

44 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The point I'm very poorly trying to make is that the powers that be don't want to side with the majority vote because it's against their interests.

If the British people want anything like a Brexit that they voted for they'll need to keep on at their elected officials. If they let it drop and let MP's get on with it they'll only get what benefits them.

Sorry if it came across like I was having a pop at you Newkid. It wasn't my intention. I'm just sick to f*ck*ng death of watching Brits being sold down the river to people that are only interested in themselves. Different circumstances but I was one of a few dozen of us, off here, that went to protest the hunting ban. Many didn't think it was worth the effort as they believed it was a foregone conclusion. We were let down then and they're being let down now but the MP's are just hoping enough people get bored of the process to let them quietly tie this Brexit thing to a tree and spade it over the head.

You're absolutely right. You should get what you vote for. But you're not.

Didn't come across like that at all mate, just a decent discussion....

Let's see what happens going forward, I'm still hoping for a decent brexit.. ever the optimist lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, kanny said:

Looks like they have put a Vaseline clause in the transition deal :hmm:https://news.sky.com/story/leaked-eu-document-shows-brexit-punishment-plan-11239487

Typical sneaky slimey Europeans - I hope they land hard on their heads when British money isn't rolling in anymore.

I just hope that our government has kept a few nice 'f**k yous' up it's sleeve to sting them with on the way out.

• Like 1

I voted out and I think we'll end up being screwed over,not by the Europeans so much as our own spineless politicians treating it all like a game and point scoring over one another.In the end it won't have an impact on those rich toads so why would they be bothered.We don't live in a democracy and haven't for a very long time so any protests against them means nothing unless it ended with them swinging from lamposts but that will never happen.

most voted to leave (more than to stay) so nothing should change that. its a shame when we vote in government elections if we don't like who gets in we all cant sit around moaning about that and get that changed . out is out and that's what was voted for and them who don't like it go and live in Europe.

3 minutes ago, kriss said:

most voted to leave (more than to stay) so nothing should change that. its a shame when we vote in government elections if we don't like who gets in we all cant sit around moaning about that and get that changed . out is out and that's what was voted for and them who don't like it go and live in Europe.

We do live in Europe lol

Our representatives in parliament will only enact our will if we are holding a gun to their heads with the hammer cocked and safety off. Power corrupts..... there's no point complaining that it shouldn't, it does and that's that. The beauty of democracy is that we are given a gun and the right to pull the trigger to keep our representatives on the straight and narrow. Now, what I have seen of my countrymen is that we are willing to wave the gun around and get folks attention but haven't the balls to pull the trigger and those fuckers know exactly what they can get away with to keep that balance. To keep us from getting so angry we democratically rebel and ruthlessly hold them all to account.

A referendum is never the end.... that's just gun waving. Our opportunity to pull the trigger was the following GE and we collectively bottled it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1