Just been to cinema with wife & kids. The adverts before film There was an ad for British Army which showed a group out on patrol when they all stop so a Muslim member of group can put his mat down & pray!! Then words come up on screen saying British Army respecting all religions  wtf is that about. Atb

• Haha 1

A

1 hour ago, scothunter said:

Yea it was on the telly. Dunno why we always moan. It's only gonna get worse. Quicker I'm in the ground the better!

And yet my daughters 15 &17 told me i was wrong to be offended by it !! Wtf are they teaching them at school??  Atb

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

A

And yet my daughters 15 &17 told me i was wrong to be offended by it !! Wtf are they teaching them at school??  Atb

Don't blame schools. Different generation and they see no issues. they probably have half dozen friends@school who are from the tribes. Listen to there music.etc etc 

15 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

A

Ah it's not just you Dino', the worlds changing fast mate.

............ My 12yr old thinks I'm a caveman :laugh:

2 fellas came into work with lad of about 3yrs old today. The kiddie said 'Dad' and they both replied 'Yes' at the same time time :huh:

......... I'm only 38 but, feck me, I struggle to get my head around that.

• Like 2

It's to make the armed forces more diverse and inclusive...........(I actually felt nauseous saying that !).

Actually, should we still say 'armed forces' ? Sounds a bit hostile, doesn't it ? Probably an implication of violence in it, too ! I mean, ideas that that might put some people off applying, if they thought that they might get shouted at or ordered around - wouldn't want to cause offence, after all. Maybe we could just enlist more ethnics, women and other minorities, irrespective of their suitability ? As long as they can make their own placards, that should be enough. They wouldn't have to self -identify as a 'soldier' immediately either.........oh dear !

You can apply at Britisharmy.co.uk/you'll do.

18 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

A

No offence mate but the teaching is supposed to be done by you!

My daughter is 15 too. Whenever she pulls that daft liberal crap, she hears at school. I pull her and debate it. The onus is that she has to make her mind up, by having all the info. Get them questioning everything mate, that's how they/we learn/learned ;) 

They are pumped full of way too much propaganda these days, it's on us to teach them to look elsewhere for a full picture and not let them be slaves.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

No offence mate but the teaching is supposed to be done by you!

My daughter is 15 too. Whenever she pulls that daft liberal crap, she hears at school. I pull her and debate it. The onus is that she has to make her mind up, by having all the info. Get them questioning everything mate, that's how they/we learn/learned ;) 

They are pumped full of way too much propaganda these days, it's on us to teach them to look elsewhere for a full picture and not let them be slaves.

I try to educate them as much as possible but generally turns into a row when ever topic goes to politics or race related stuff. They think my views etc are prehistoric. Atb

2 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Just been to cinema with wife & kids. The adverts before film There was an ad for British Army which showed a group out on patrol when they all stop so a Muslim member of group can put his mat down & pray!! Then words come up on screen saying British Army respecting all religions  wtf is that about. Atb

Easy target.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

I try to educate them as much as possible but generally turns into a row when ever topic goes to politics or race related stuff. They think my views etc are prehistoric. Atb

Mine too Mate, I just tell her to wind her face in and stop labelling me or I'll ground her ????

Kids are kids, they need us to show them to think for themselves. Not be told what to do by people with an agenda ?

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, walshie said:

The people who the Army are trying to "include" are the last people on earth who would actually join, thankfully. They'd rather save the world by being f***ing offended by everything. 

I'm trying to imagine  a Marine sergeant's response, at being asked to quietly hold a perimeter, while Trooper Akbar kneels down and starts wailing at the top of his voice !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Absolute disgrace , and the younger generation have been politically correct brain washed , these people are being handled with kid gloves in everything they do , they burn the national flag , poppies and our fined , all over social media sending death threats to men & there families and nothing is done , bringing dangerous Imans into mosques to speak with the danger of radicalising some , the list is endless what there getting away with yet we even dream of saying the wrong thing our feet won't touch the ground , 1 example Piers Morgan absolutely Slaughtered Tommy Robinson for condemning the Koran , fast forward 3mths and an ex Muslim woman does the same and no response whatsoever . . A German women who worked welcoming / helping immigrants into Germany today is stating its all gone wrong and is moving to Poland as there destroying the German culture / way of life !! 

• Like 4

My father was out in Burma up the jungle and was a bit of a squad basher. We resisted his views vigorously and at times verbaly violently. I sometimes wonder how modern armies with all of the armaments fail to subdue a few lowly mat kneeling foreigners. E.g. the taliban in Afghanistan.  How many of our brave boys gave their all for,  what?'  And it lòoks like we will have to go back or write it all off.  When I was on holiday in Sharm el sheik I went down to the indoor gym about lunchtime and was confronted by a young bloke in his 20s down on the mat praying to Allah.  Where do you see that comitment here?