SEASONAL FOOD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bet them Richmond sausages are looking good now, eh lads

I was going to say sweet breads too but glad GingerBeard made a fool of himself before I did, the ejit. What is it ?

I did have to google milts to find out what it was. ........... Feck me, I'd rather go with rustys guess 

Posted Images

In the 50s it was really cheap but now days it goes straight to Japan , there are not many  Fishmongers about  now days so it can be hard to find but if you do it is worth a try. Ox tail is another  food that was very cheap my Grand parents had it on the range day and night through the winter months and basin full of  it was a good start to the day.

Edited by micky
4 minutes ago, micky said:

In the 50s it was really cheap but now days it goes straight to Japan , there are not many  Fishmongers about  now days so it can be hard to find but if you do it is worth a try. Ox tail is another  food that was very cheap my Grand parents had it on the range day and night through the winter months and basin full of  it was a good start to the day.

Me old mam still makes a good ox tail soup :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mister Gain said:

Only ever had soft roe/milt from herrings and it didn't have much flavour at all, much prefer proper roe especially cod roe.

I had monkfish roe last year pan fried with garlic good stuff , mind any fish carrying roe comes my way like said by Micky the japs and Chinese buy it up nowadays 

2 hours ago, socks said:

If you watch life below zero Thera a family on there and eat that and the fish eggs by squeezing them straight from the fish into their mouths ???

Used to net salmon as kids and eat the roe raw from the fish on the bank some nights.Beautiful taste.