FAC AIR

Well , made another phone call to my firearms officer this week and she told me in the next couple of weeks i should be expecting a phone call to make appointment to see me , that has only taken 10 months to get that far . If everything goes  ok it will be a year to get my FAC licence .

How the hell will they cope if licencing comes in for sub 12 FT/lbs god only knows 

• Like 3

I think a "short cut" is on the cards if such a decision is made.

Shotgun or fac = instant licence but at extra charge .

A naughty background, depending how naughty,- refusals will be given.

Drug offences, assault offences, - refusals.

It`s not rocket science, first refusals will be checking criminal records.

In the next breath though,- the amount of money that`s involved in our sport these days is just incredible, I would just leave things as they are and if you break the shooting laws you get fined, banned, imprisonment or all.

They have been making people illegal here in north wales Mitch with shotgun certificates.

2 of my pals have sent off for a renewal and it's taken that long that the existing licence has expired. They have then been told they must have their guns held in someone else's cabinet who is legal until it comes through. North wales is one of the slowest. It's an embarrassment mate.

There's been a right stir up in the media lately about the number of times airguns have been used to shoot pets and protected wild species.

I listened to a phone in on local radio and have never heard so much uninformed, ignorant BS spouted by NIMBY's and other militant psycopaths in my life.

Basically, they're saying that all airguns should be confiscated immediately and smelted.

Some other genius was saying that every pellet should have a traceable serial number stamped on it so it can be traced back to the I D of the purchaser if recovered from a crime scene. 

The inference of these militants is that anyone with an interest in air weapons is a cat-killing terrorist.

I really fear for our sport at the moment.

They are all thick tnucs.

Do they not see what's staring them in the face. It's like the shotgun job. None of the murders in the uk by shotgun or attacks are by certificate holders, just f#@*ing idiots with an illegal firearm and the same will happen with air rifles. Anyone with any sense won't be shooting cats or dogs or childrens eyeballs. They will be doing what we all aim to do which is treat an air rifle for what it is. A firearm. Those who want to shoot cats and dogs and kids will always be able to get their hands on an unregistered one. There has to be a better way to police it or make the punishment so ridiculously severe that all the knobheads stop. 

Sorry about the rant lads. It's just common sense really. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If you take this a stage further and perhaps saw Country File a couple of weeks ago where it was said that if there was no doctors report, there would be no license. Now on a bit further, it was also stated that conditions such as diabetes could be enough to refuse a grant, fcuking madness, this is way out of order, then add to the issues with waiting times and adding an airgun license into the pot and we have a situation that is way out of control.

I am not too concerned about a license for airguns if I am totally honest as I already have both shotgun and firearms licenses so one more or linking a section to an existing ticket is no great problem for me but what will it achieve. As said earlier, bad buggers who use their airguns will still do so without a license because they will simply say that they sold the gun assuming that it is even registered to them. 

Scotland bringing in a license was a breeze compared to how it would be in England and the poison dwarf who runs the Scottish government is simply opposed to guns full stop so they were on a hiding to nothing.

I sent in my letter of objection but I doubt that it will be read which is a pity as they are not really interested in listening to shooting enthusiasts to get a balanced opinion but at least BASC and Countryside Alliance are standing in the shooters corner.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned licensing to my new FEO (I moved county recently) , and he said that (quote) "the police have no interest in it, whatsoever." Unfortunately, I couldn't pin him down to whether that means "ambivalent" or "opposed"..........

I think it's more likely, at some point in the future,  that shotguns will only be granted under the same rules as firearms.