self control

well I took the thermal spotter

fullsizeoutput_2c2.thumb.jpeg.14da36a43b91f9ae1753a21ef6fdc3ff.jpeg

back to my local shop this aft, I thanked him for the loan but told him its not a bad gizmo but no way worth the money!

they retail between 750-900 quid:icon_eek: there must be a big old markup on these cos he offered me one for 500! still not worth it..

well we had a brew and gassed for a bit as the shop was empty bar me n him.. 

then the eyes started wondering, we got talking about 99's but his website says only got .22 in but hes been to busy to update it and had a .177 in... or had as ive now got it:laugh:

5a73629627f15_FNQPMPSR4u8zBK7bgXxg.thumb.jpg.e9e2049cc84528e2547f878e48ce3932.jpg

been buying all sorts of stuff lately just to see what you can improve and this has been on the list for a while..

I spoke to Tony this aft and ordered a new seal as this is all im going to replace.... first impressions its bloody good straight out of the box,

shooting at a very consistent 10.3 with ds8.44's only niggles are the barrel shims are dry and the safety is stiff, it'll hold a pellet on the action while you fire it no problem!

it'll be in bits next week and tweaked :hmm:think I might call it the gimp:laugh:

mortal of the story if you've got crap self control leave your wallet at home, I only wanted a tin of express!

cheers si

• Like 5

Si.....i have tried the "leave the wallet at home" bulltish when buying pellets and you know what happens.....i burst out of the shop, tear off home, grab the wallet, return as quick as possible, spend copious amounts of candy........sigh.............lay back.....................light a smoke and say "how was it for you".

I think we have a similar self control threshold pal?

Keep us posted on this one mate as I have fancied having a play with one for a while too??

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

Si.....i have tried the "leave the wallet at home" bulltish when buying pellets and you know what happens.....i burst out of the shop, tear off home, grab the wallet, return as quick as possible, spend copious amounts of candy........sigh.............lay back.....................light a smoke and say "how was it for you".

I think we have a similar self control threshold pal?

Keep us posted on this one mate as I have fancied having a play with one for a while too??

haha... will do matt:thumbs:

for 200 clams its spot on without feckin about with it, you could get your brass back stripping it!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

They are pretty quiet anyway si but I've just seen you can get a 15mm push on silencer for them. That will set you back £64!!!!

your right, its pretty quiet at the mo but when you drop a vortek seal in them it'll be even quieter... 

gonna keep this open sights no scope bar for a 60 yrd group test!

• Like 1

Nice one Si.

I am off to Swillingtons tomorrow to pick up a Browning T - Bolt rimmy with my pal who said to make sure I put my ticket in the car................................................not sure if I dare as I am so weak willed, well you know how it is guys.

Phil

11 hours ago, philpot said:

Nice one Si.

I am off to Swillingtons tomorrow to pick up a Browning T - Bolt rimmy with my pal who said to make sure I put my ticket in the car................................................not sure if I dare as I am so weak willed, well you know how it is guys.

Phil

? save your money and be a good boy.......? get the f#*×er spent..NOW!!!!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, philpot said:

Nice one Si.

Phil

You can’t take it with you Phil and this ain’t a dry run.... do it?

56 minutes ago, j j m said:

never works for me si mate

think I might struggle with the open sights Jef 

4 shots without me glasses, I can see the target fine but the sights are blurry 

8i1kZkDyRbWSLiAEr9ZShg.thumb.jpg.1e1ed59621cd8e7d8af10ea3b8c4903f.jpg

another 4 shots with me gigs on, can see the sights fine but the targets a round blob!! cant win:laugh:

3joX402ZTXyLj61diLzmYA.thumb.jpg.15bd36de64f527482c4d6aa11027eea4.jpg

5 more on a new target with the gigs on AFUUEaL9SA2ZEuHOMK4ApQ.thumb.jpg.60c8610aebc5606dd69be9e264adc3a0.jpg

might see about getting sone fibre optic sights for it, cant shoot virmin with groups like this!

what I can say is if you like the 95 your gonna like these... there not far off a tuned rifle standard straight out of the box!

gonna give it a spit and polish next week, I can see good things:thumbs:

Si and Matt...........................not one penny did I spend today at Swillingtons gun shop but I did help my pal to part with some hard earned cash on his new Browning T Bolt rimmy. That is a busy shop but not my kind of shop or should I say mad house.

To be honest I just wanted to leave and save my bit of dosh for another day.

Phil

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, philpot said:

Si and Matt...........................not one penny did I spend today at Swillingtons gun shop but I did help my pal to part with some hard earned cash on his new Browning T Bolt rimmy. That is a busy shop but not my kind of shop or should I say mad house.

To be honest I just wanted to leave and save my bit of dosh for another day.

Phil

You my friend.............deserve a medal of honour :toast:

• Haha 1