Old dog knows best

Got a day for the big dog planned this week so been bushing the last couple off days with the 2 rogues. Took to some waste land after the school run. Nice little bit off hail stones to remind me why I enjoy being out so much?. We chased a couple off bunnies then onto some thick brambles, put a fox out and after a wee chase it made its way away pushed on alitttle An they where on off again this time from what I could see they pushed a roe but vetted off that onto another fox they had a good old chase at this took the fox alittle bit to shake off the busher she’s fast for her size. I moved on moving the odd rabbit around the busher was chasing one as the old dog dropped in an old drain littered with rabbit droppings . He will ferret and Mark but has never entered to a rabbit even as a pup. After some moving around I heard a few yaps An then he was on, I only had a small spade today in the odd even this would happen but 2.5 hrs later only to hit one feck off Boulder was not on the cards!!! He moved on the box alittle An was trying to pull managed to free them An the fox took off only for a rogue busher to catch it in cover?, eventually I got to let the fox make its escape this time off year I won’t chap any unless really needed

1BD90A2F-25B7-41EC-9DF3-C3013DFA9FD5.jpeg

• Like 18

On 31/01/2018 at 20:48, neil cooney said:

You got lucky Lad, a drain can be a terrierman's worst nightmare .

Well done that terrier.

Had a mare with one just before xmas,was walking the dogs on land iv'e walked a 100 times and my russell who went blind over the summer found a pipe that was holding,long story short,run home get locator,spades and my old plummer bitch.had to put her in as the russell had gone silent.Got them out in the end and what a night mare that was in it self but a sharp reminder of not walking a working terrier anywhere without a locator on even if you THINK you know the ground...

• Like 1

Not a year goes by Fireman I don't find new places by accident (most lads would but most lads exercise on a lead and are afraid to let them off) and when things work out it's a nice dig and a new earth found, when it goes wrong it can be several sleepless nights. There's nothing worse .

• Like 1