thinking of letting the photon go

I think its the case of

once a lamp man all ways a lamp man lol

I just cant get on with it or any nv units come to that and iv had a few

Even when i had it fitted to the ultra the rabbits just seem to know im there

so may as well stick to the lamp

how many of you dont get on with nv any nv

iv got to say mind that the photon has been the best one yet but its just not for me lol

atvbjimmy

P061112_15.20_[02].jpg

P050912_22.49.jpg

• Like 1

I am with you Jon, I think my Nitesite Viper is spot on and did it's job again last night on the rabbits. Must say however that I want the Wolf for the extra distance without extra bulk and weight of the T50 strapped on.

I had a feeling that this was not for you Jimmy and I would have bought this off you had I been able to sort out zero and some kind of holdover arrangement because it would be used out to 100mts+ on the rimmy but never mind mate, you really know how to do the job with a lamp so stick with it. Let me know if you want to sell that neat T20 IR that you have Jim.

Phil 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

I am with you Jon, I think my Nitesite Viper is spot on and did it's job again last night on the rabbits. Must say however that I want the Wolf for the extra distance without extra bulk and weight of the T50 strapped on.

I had a feeling that this was not for you Jimmy and I would have bought this off you had I been able to sort out zero and some kind of holdover arrangement because it would be used out to 100mts+ on the rimmy but never mind mate, you really know how to do the job with a lamp so stick with it. Let me know if you want to sell that neat T20 IR that you have Jim.

Phil 

SI,S GETTING THE t20 PHIL

it was a gift off pav so i could not sell it any way so i gifted it to Si

once the photon is gone im done with NV phil

Jon the good thing with the photon is you can take the rubber eye peace off and look through it like an normal scope

no need to put your eye up to it .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

SI,S GETTING THE t20 PHIL

it was a gift off pav so i could not sell it any way so i gifted it to Si

once the photon is gone im done with NV phil

Jon the good thing with the photon is you can take the rubber eye peace off and look through it like an normal scope

no need to put your eye up to it .

I never knew that :hmm:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, walshie said:

A bad workman blames his tools. :angel:

I THINK ITS JUST A CASE OF

YOU CANT TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

BEEN USING A LAMP SINCE I WAS 10, 12 YRS OLD

HAD LOADS OF NV,S AND NOT GOT ON WITH THEM

IM JUST GOING TO STICK WITH WHAT I KNOW AND CAN USE LOL

I have to admit I was only recently introduced to NV and have just brought a pulsar n550. The issue with IR is the red glow. They can see it from a mile away so what I was taught was to keep the IR switched off as long as possible. If you have a thermal monocular (pricey but AMAZING KIT) they are brilliant for spotting as they are completely lightless. 

As said though, if you’ve not got confidence in it, make a change. It’s like fishing with a rig you have no confidence in. It throws you off your best and makes you make daft decisions resulting in less bites. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Mark_mjs93 said:

I have to admit I was only recently introduced to NV and have just brought a pulsar n550. The issue with IR is the red glow. They can see it from a mile away so what I was taught was to keep the IR switched off as long as possible. If you have a thermal monocular (pricey but AMAZING KIT) they are brilliant for spotting as they are completely lightless. 

As said though, if you’ve not got confidence in it, make a change. It’s like fishing with a rig you have no confidence in. It throws you off your best and makes you make daft decisions resulting in less bites. 

WHEN I FIRST GOT IT I CAME ACROSS ONE RABBIT IN THE FARM CAR PARK TOOK SIX SHOTS AT IT

I MISS JUDGED THE DISTANCE .(thats my problem with nv,s)

WENT BACK TO THE TANK AND CHANGED RIFLES WITH THE LAMP FITTED WENT BACK TO THE CAR PARK AND WHACKED THE RABBIT ONE SHOT ONE KILL LOL

• Like 1