Home made catapult

I made this a while since with the idea of sticking it in my pocket but I’ve never used it,in fact the tubes had perished when I got it out the draw! I fitted these round tubes £3.99 from barrnett I think,after looking on here I see a few are using a wide flat band are these better? Also we’re is best place to buy ball bearings? Cheers.

3B15CCF3-6346-4ECD-B75B-0B2022748BD8.jpeg

• Like 2

I prefer flat bands but they dont last as long as tubes....no where near it. I wouldnt say flats are better though imo...I make my own 10mm lead with a proshot mold and I buy my 9.5mm steel from simplybearings.co.uk. Might be cheaper places but I've always had really good service whenever I've dealt with them and I'm a creature of habit lol.  A lot of the lads on here get the majority of their catty supplies from eBay

• Like 1
On 30/01/2018 at 22:52, Str said:

I made this a while since with the idea of sticking it in my pocket but I’ve never used it,in fact the tubes had perished when I got it out the draw! I fitted these round tubes £3.99 from barrnett I think,after looking on here I see a few are using a wide flat band are these better? Also we’re is best place to buy ball bearings? Cheers.

3B15CCF3-6346-4ECD-B75B-0B2022748BD8.jpeg

Was that the spanner for a angle grinder in its previous life?

• Like 1

No welsh_red I had a piece of aluminium which I cut in the shape of a Catapult with a hacksaw,then filed the rough edges off then wet & dry then on buffer, I’ve a couple of brass bits that go through the holes in the catapult,I glued these to the bands with araldite and all’s good, I gave it a test the other day and I am shite with it lol,my fault not Catys but it must be 40 yrs since I went after game with a catapult.

14 hours ago, dave88 said:

Have you thought about bulking out the handle a bit mate? Looks a bit uncomfortable to hold

It’s not bad Dave to hold but I’ve not used it much,I would say it’s the same size as the old milbro & dead shot catapults,what would you recommend to bulk handle up? Cheers.

1 minute ago, Str said:

It’s not bad Dave to hold but I’ve not used it much,I would say it’s the same size as the old milbro & dead shot catapults,what would you recommend to bulk handle up? Cheers.

Depends how creative you are...some nice wooden scales or just wrapping it in paracord or duct tape would do the job. But theres no need if its comfortable enough for you mate.  I just know that I would prefer something a little chunkier in the hand