Hi, I live in Liverpool and don’t really see muntjac as they haven’t made it this far yet. Local deer parks enable me to photograph fallow and red deer easily. I’d like to photograph some muntjac this spring, got a picture in mind that I want.

Can anyone recommend a nature reserve, public park etc. Where I can expect a dense muntjac population and therefore increase chances of seeing one as I’m gunna have to travel and don’t want to waste a trip? Preferably somewhere they see a lot of human traffic and are less shy. 

South birmingham, Oxfordshire area preferably but open to anywhere if it suits.

I appreciate I’m asking people to tell me where I can find muntjac and this is a hunting site and as such people may be wary incase I’m just looking to poach. Hopefully the fact I’ve asked for busy public woods will put people at ease and I get some help. Thanks in advance.

The British Wildlife Centre in Lingfield Wildlife centre have a few captive in their Red Squirrel enclosure, they are not the easiest to photograph and you are looking down on them but there are quite a few other animals and birds there to make up for it. It is also quite a bit further but it is the only place I know with muntjac. 

• Like 1