Pulsar Trail XQ50 models available offering the highest native optical magnification from the Trail model range with a 50mm lens giving better detection, detail and performance in poor weather. Includes all the new features recording, wifi, IPX7 rating, lithium battery pack, compact design, multiple rifle zero memory and firmware upgrades via stream vision app.

Available now, contact us via the forum for great THL member deals.
http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/thermal/thermal-riflescopes/Pulsar-Trail-XQ50-Thermal-Rifle-Scope

TRAIL-ADVERTS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
On 15 February 2018 at 15:43, Blackwood Outdoors said:

Apologies, replied. :thumbs:

Hi guys

onthe brink of buying xq50 trail scope already bought xq50f spotter off Ian b pleased with it however need to be swayed to buy scope is it easy to fit got a rail already on tikka 243 any hidden extras etc is it easy to zero my head his cooked or do I stick with my sniper cam thanks lads .

On 10/03/2018 at 08:24, polishunter1 said:

Hi guys

onthe brink of buying xq50 trail scope already bought xq50f spotter off Ian b pleased with it however need to be swayed to buy scope is it easy to fit got a rail already on tikka 243 any hidden extras etc is it easy to zero my head his cooked or do I stick with my sniper cam thanks lads .

It comes with the standard Pulsar weaver mount which fits straight to a weaver rail, its got pretty decent eye relief, much better than the ATN mounts and models as a comparison, also if you do want to bring it down a bit more and further back, you can buy the weaver QD mount that fits it and brings it back quite a bit, it has numerous mounting bolt options.

Best way to zero it, is a cardboard box at 40-50yds initially , stick a 2" square of tinfoil on it and it shows black on white hot setting, then get it on target. Remember on the X-Y axis when adjusting the scope zero co-ordinates like all digital, you move it the opposite direction to what you would logically think ..

Thermal and NV both have benefits , NV better ID at distance and magnification for longer shots..  Thermal no added torch, everything is visible in your field of view, you can get on target quick, shoot in woodland, hedges, nothing can hide as long as theres a line of sight... Although ID is not as good as night vision at distance.

1 hour ago, IanB said:

It comes with the standard Pulsar weaver mount which fits straight to a weaver rail, its got pretty decent eye relief, much better than the ATN mounts and models as a comparison, also if you do want to bring it down a bit more and further back, you can buy the weaver QD mount that fits it and brings it back quite a bit, it has numerous mounting bolt options.

Best way to zero it, is a cardboard box at 40-50yds initially , stick a 2" square of tinfoil on it and it shows black on white hot setting, then get it on target. Remember on the X-Y axis when adjusting the scope zero co-ordinates like all digital, you move it the opposite direction to what you would logically think ..

Thermal and NV both have benefits , NV better ID at distance and magnification for longer shots..  Thermal no added torch, everything is visible in your field of view, you can get on target quick, shoot in woodland, hedges, nothing can hide as long as theres a line of sight... Although ID is not as good as night vision at distance.

Thanks Ian would you put it on tkka243 or 17 hornet mainly foxes 200 yards or use both thanks

7 hours ago, polishunter1 said:

Thanks Ian would you put it on tkka243 or 17 hornet mainly foxes 200 yards or use both thanks

I'd go for a .17hornet personally , 200yds is more than enough and will allow you to happily drop rabbits and foxes within that range.

2 hours ago, Lamp_Shy said:

Ian, for my benefit (I'm still looking at these), how much better is the eye relief on the QD mount? I looked through a keeper friends XQ, but felt the standard mount could have been back another couple of inches.

Brings it back considerably more, 1"-2" and slightly lower down..