water Lol

both my dogs  don't like water, they go up to there waist  and thats about it  no more . Well walking along the river  by me, and on the other side  of the river   i seen  big old tom cat, by the edge    and further  along   a fox was watching  the cat as well. i  carried on walking  just watching  them on the  other side of the river ,  both my dogs seen them now, and both started to up and down the bank, i thought no more of it and though daft buggers , when all of a sudden   feckin Buck  jumped right over  to the other side  and landed  on the other bank, i thought bloody hell  he dont like water , god knows how he got over, there no way could a man jump it, dont think he  even got his feet wet lol,  both fox and cat and pissed off quick. he came back 5 mins later  old Bryn just stayed by me  all the while, that really surprised me  as both hate water   lol 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rob284 said:

Had a terrier that hated water, would walk miles on the other side of the river before it would find a crossing. Same bitch would drown itself to get at a fox ?. 

spot on  rob , that about sums up Buck  mate, that big fecker will walk round puddle    rather than get wet  lol ,  then the next thing  he jumped over the river to the bank, i was more in shock than anything  seeing him over there   after them   pair    lol. 

11 hours ago, bird said:

both my dogs  don't like water, they go up to there waist  and thats about it  no more . Well walking along the river  by me, and on the other side  of the river   i seen  big old tom cat, by the edge    and further  along   a fox was watching  the cat as well. i  carried on walking  just watching  them on the  other side of the river ,  both my dogs seen them now, and both started to up and down the bank, i thought no more of it and though daft buggers , when all of a sudden   feckin Buck  jumped right over  to the other side  and landed  on the other bank, i thought bloody hell  he dont like water , god knows how he got over, there no way could a man jump it, dont think he  even got his feet wet lol,  both fox and cat and pissed off quick. he came back 5 mins later  old Bryn just stayed by me  all the while, that really surprised me  as both hate water   lol 

Mine love the water Ray, might have something to do with the good swimming weather :-) 

This dick swims like he's got no legs ?

I've had him in the sea swimming with his lead on and he will splash like a dope all the way out. But going back to shore, he's like an Olympic champion ?

Silly bugger was having a drink out of the river the other day, when a large cat fish splashed at the surface... you've never seen any dog move so fast while screaming ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My terriers, Collie lurchers, mongrelly lurchers, even my old Deer/Grey, would swim for the love of it, but anything that looked remotely Salukified would never go in above their knees no matter how hot the weather. Guess it has to do with their heritage, coming from the desert and all that. Oh, tell a lie, I did have one, but he was batshit crazy anyway.

My dog lurcher quite happily swims but avoids walking through puddles, fooking nuisance on the lead, pulling and jumping to get round them.

Bitches both paddle and will have short swims when its hot.

Cheers, D.

Aye its crazy any big puddles they walk round but if something gets up in front of them they plough threw it :laugh: . i had a terrier that wouldn't go threw water  a walk threw some newly planted forestry sorted that it got pissed off of trying to run  up and down the plough furrows rather than cross them