A wet one

Light drizzle in Wiltshire yesterday... the sort that gets you soaking wet without you noticing & plays hell with your scope and bins. The fields were properly soaking as well where we tried so it was hard going. 

The first place we tried was where I got a brace a few weeks back out of 9 we saw there. Sure enough a brace was in the same place but this time after a carbon copy stalk the wind changed direction and they were off. 

Next place was a long slog through wet fields, eventually rewarded with the sight of 3 roe right out in the middle of a big, big field... two does and a buck. There was a water trough 250 m away, they were 100m plus further on that this l but it was a good place to start. A slow hedgerow creep in full view but we got there and the cattle made the ground around it even worse. Another 40m and I had somewhere I could get on the bipod.

The first one dropped to a neck shot at 120m, the second took a while to settle down and eventually took one in the chest. That really was easy bit... I’d left the roe sack in the car!

B17A5B58-CC52-4603-889B-78BB776C518D.thumb.jpeg.163523eb353683c3560a27562f5cf133.jpeg

Popped out later to a chicken farm for a look about with the lamp and managed to get on the end of this one. Still getting the hang of the quad sticks but they make such a difference.

0C790A33-57A0-4850-AC00-289D1847F6B8.thumb.jpeg.4e928140c6a665a5255804f493038995.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice job Matt , been using the quad sticks for a couple of years now and they certainly make a difference..I did have the all singing all dancing alloy ones , light weight and very strong .....sadly they weren’t strong enough when you run over them in a Toyota double cab ...#*@=%  it ......:fool:

9 minutes ago, sussex said:

Nice job Matt , been using the quad sticks for a couple of years now and they certainly make a difference..I did have the all singing all dancing alloy ones , light weight and very strong .....sadly they weren’t strong enough when you run over them in a Toyota double cab ...#*@=%  it ......:fool:

Ohh know, gutted! I’m a total convert now, mine were a bloody nightmare at first but turns out they were a bit lose... after a ratchet up they’re great now. This Charlie was headshot at 130m away and reckon I could have done it all day long.

I can imagine... thanks an easy £80-100 magically turned into 50ps worth of scrap metal?. I’ve got a set of the seeland/ decoy ones but the yoke’s seem to want to loosen themselves the more you open / close them... a basic but important design floor as you’d have more chance shooting freehand when they’re loose.