Little bit of puppy retriever work

On 1/28/2018 at 22:32, Terry Ermann said:

Collie/Kelpie x Grew 

Do you know if the Kelpie collie is Dave Slights stud dog? If so, I think it might be the same sire as my half cross. 

supergirl33.jpg

Edited by mol dog
  • Like 2

Nice work   Pups doing great I would expend the retrieve to retrieve and carry , walking along side you   Don’t be in a panic to get to perfect hand over at that stage 

what I mean on the retrieve , you want the pup to feel there is movement in the retrieve   So when it turns towards you , you are already moving away , your  putting down a physical memory of movement without forcing it to come into your space 

I would rather a pup dropped the item walking along side that having it taken as soon as it comes into my space if you get my drift , a pup will gravitate to a moving human rather than  a static one   

Best of luck with pup 

Edited by Casso
9 hours ago, jack44 said:

Nice retrieving did it take long to get him used to the dummy and any problems in training, thinking of starting my pup off with some retrieving this weekend see how he gets on. Best of luck with your pup 

I started her at four weeks old with a rolled up sock the dummy didn’t phase her one bit

• Like 1