Couple of hours with little lad

Late start this morning only local so after waking young jack up and having a bit of breakfast we headed off..( had to be back for family lunch ?)

we had Gwen my 5 year old lurcher a young hob that’s had a decent first season and a young Jill that Flacko had kindly given us after we’d lost our Jill .. I’d had this Jill out last weekend and she did well bolting some stubborn rabbits..

collared the Jill up and in no time we’d got a couple in the nets..so far so good she’s soon took to her job and we couldn’t be happier with her .. next spot was tricky to net but we did our best and again entered the Jill ( silva) and out came 2 rabbits one after other resulting in one escaping.. tried the hob at the next spot resulting in an acrobatic catch from the lurcher.. all in all a decent couple hours out this morning just waiting to head out for lunch now with the family .. hopefully get out for an hour tomorrow 

Just like to thank flacko again, cheers pal ??

25DC9D5D-0460-4D6A-BDA9-9604C8BFE212.jpeg

47C07399-5579-4C0A-98ED-60B8DC60CB00.jpeg

6EEDFE42-6762-4AFA-9BB3-56C708188546.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

He’s got 2 older brothers , neither goes hunting anymore but this ones mad keen.. always asking to go out and keeps hutches spotless etc .. I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s off out with his mates ferreting lol.. can’t beat being out in the field quality time together..

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got a younger daughter an 2 younger lads at 2 an 3 an tbey are showing lots intrerest so now I’ll have to train them as my new apprentices haha i went to check up on older lad last weekend an a wee bit off I could see em through the trees an stiod an watched them for a wee while before the realised I was there, was proud as fcuk watching him an his wee pal ferret on there own? reminded me of being a lad except these wee fcukers have all the gear, my gear??

??